Windows 10: Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there...

Discus and support Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I get my normal yet low 4 MB/s internet speed on linux, but only 1-2 MB/s on windows. I've disabled telemetry with debloaters on github, but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Random_Lantern, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there...

I get my normal yet low 4 MB/s internet speed on linux, but only 1-2 MB/s on windows. I've disabled telemetry with debloaters on github, but that didn't help.

My first theory was that windows was preferring ipv6 instead of ipv4, then remembered that my linux partition also prefers ipv6 first too.

submitted by /u/A_Random_Lantern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_Random_Lantern, Dec 5, 2020
  2. savillm Win User

slow internet

hi all i got a 20mb line with virgin just changed my mobo and cpu and ram and now have windows 7 but my internet is slow when im connected to my router but if i take the cable out of my network port on the mobo and put my internet connection in to my mobo (no router being used) its fast as hell again.

any idears? ive updated the mobo netword driver but still no joy.

savillm, Dec 5, 2020
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there...

my internet is slow

my internet is so slow i get 120 ping even tho i have ethernet and wifi connected the router is in my room i pay alot for my internet on other devices is super fast but on my opc its slow help me

QuIK carlos, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there...

1. Fast internet on linux, but slow internet on windows. I'm using ethernet, so there... - Similar Threads - Fast internet linux

2. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast internet but really slow downloads: I am trying to download files on opera I have also tried chrome and the download speed I am getting is 120 KB/s. I thought it may be a problem with the internet nut I am cabled into a TP link Wi-Fi extender using a cat 6 cable. I have checked using a speed test and the...
  3. Internet fast but download speed slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet fast but download speed slow: Hello, so the issue im having is that my download speed is very slow, and i dont know how to fix it. what i do know is that its not my ISP/ the plan i pay for, and its not my router asus RT-AX3000, as it is new. though i dont know if there are any settings i should change on...
  4. Fast internet but slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast internet but slow download speeds: I was recently downloading a 263mb file, and for some reason, my speed is around 57-60kbps. While downloading, I had done a speedtest from ookla and my download speed was - 45.78mbps, and upload speed was - 30.38mbps. After downloading, I ran another test, and my download...
  5. Fast internet but slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fast internet but slow download speeds: I was recently downloading a 263mb file, and for some reason, my speed is around 57-60kbps. While downloading, I had done a speedtest from ookla and my download speed was - 45.78mbps, and upload speed was - 30.38mbps. After downloading, I ran another test, and my download...
  6. Can't connect to internet (I'm using ethernet)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to internet (I'm using ethernet): I just turned of my PC because it was not responding to anything, when I turned it back on it says I am not connected to the internet, but I'm on ethernet and my wifi also works fine. When I troubleshoot the error message says; Windows can't communicate with the device or...
  7. Very Slow Download But Fast Internet

Very Slow Download But Fast Internet: Hello, I used to be able to download files at around 25MB/s now it went all the way down to 2MB/s and it takes me 2 hours to download just 7GB. I tested my internet speed and I get around 160 mbps so my internet should be at least faster than 2 MB/s. Does anyone know what I...
  8. Fast Internet But Slow Download Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Internet But Slow Download Speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 100 mbps but I only get 1MB/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. I used to get around 12MB/s on Steam and when I was downloading RDR2 from the Social Club I reached 25MB/s now, I tried downloading GTAV and maximum I got was...
  9. Fast internet but slow when downloading

Fast internet but slow when downloading: Hi, a few days ago I managed with some help on this forum to get a 90Mbps download speed on speedtest.net, my speed was around 30Mbps. But even if the speedtest shows 90, when downloading files I cannot get more than 2,5MB/sec which is very slow, it should be around 10-11MB....
  10. Ethernet internet speed is slow

Ethernet internet speed is slow: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 400+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...