Windows 10: Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow.

Discus and support Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have started to notice that my Internet was very slow suddenly 3 weeks ago. I since then started to do anything what was also said in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Paul Piroth, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow.

Hello, I have started to notice that my Internet was very slow suddenly 3 weeks ago. I since then started to do anything what was also said in other threads etc. e.g this one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-internet-but-slow-download-speed/1ccc54a4-184f-42bd-ae02-46e3234a6f2aI have done multiple Speedtest all state that I have fast Internet 220MB/s Download 30-40MB/s Upload but Download Speeds in Browser are for example way way slower. I was trying to download a Game Prepar3D by Lockheed Martin and it needed for 30,1 GB around 10 Hours. But not just Browse

:)

Paul Piroth, Dec 21, 2022
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi

If a website has a slow server, a fast internet connection may be experienced but may have very slow download speeds. Download speed will be affected with the website server as it also impact your internet connection speed.

You may try a test with other websites and check the results with the website that you are experiencing slow download speed.

Meanwhile, kindly click on this link and find the post created by Santos_Rai
    to troubleshoot network and incoming internet connection.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Dec 21, 2022
  3. fast internet speed, slow buffering

the speed is considered fast here. previously i can buffer youtube video in 360p with ease, no need to pause for buffering. after several windows update, internet become really slow.

ikassela89, Dec 21, 2022
  4. Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow.

Slow downloading speed

Hi,

Are you on a laptop or a desktop?

Is the computer plugged in to charger when downloading? (laptop)

Courtesy Ronnie Vernon, MVP

The download speed has as much to do with the website server where you are downloading a file from as it does with your internet connection speed.

You can have a very fast internet connection, but experience very slow download speeds if the website has a slow server. This could be caused by very heavy traffic on that server or it may just be a slow server.

One thing you can do to check is to go to the following website and check your speed.

Speedtest.net:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Try several different test websites there to see the different download/upload speeds.

Compare the results with the website where you are seeing the slow downloads.

Smittychat., Dec 21, 2022
Thema:

Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow.

1. Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow. - Similar Threads - Fast Internet Speeds

2. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  3. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  4. Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow.

Fast Internet Speeds but downloads and whole applications very slow.: Hello, I have started to notice that my Internet was very slow suddenly 3 weeks ago. I since then started to do anything what was also said in other threads etc. e.g this one...
  5. My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.: My internet speed is around 130 mbps, however, I only manage to get about 100-200 kilobytes per second of download speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-is-fast-but-my-download-speed-is/bd6deb53-a783-4aa7-bf9b-ca1e0ec58e23
  6. My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.

My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.: My internet speed is around 130 mbps, however, I only manage to get about 100-200 kilobytes per second of download speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-is-fast-but-my-download-speed-is/bd6deb53-a783-4aa7-bf9b-ca1e0ec58e23
  7. fast internet but slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast internet but slow download speed: I am on win 11. I get about 900 Mb download yet on steam and epic games I get only from 100KB to 20MB.it should be around 40MB.I tried a number of solutions but none worked.I need help....
  8. fast internet but slow download speed

fast internet but slow download speed: I am on win 11. I get about 900 Mb download yet on steam and epic games I get only from 100KB to 20MB.it should be around 40MB.I tried a number of solutions but none worked.I need help....
  9. Fast internet but slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast internet but slow download speeds: I was recently downloading a 263mb file, and for some reason, my speed is around 57-60kbps. While downloading, I had done a speedtest from ookla and my download speed was - 45.78mbps, and upload speed was - 30.38mbps. After downloading, I ran another test, and my download...
  10. Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet: Hello, yesterday I posted a question which was fixed but only lasted a couple minutes, then the problem came back. My download speed is stuck on 2MB/s but I used to get around 20MB/s, and my internet speed is around 160mbps. According to the reply from the previous question I...