Windows 10: fast pc speed test slow

Discus and support fast pc speed test slow in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlesBeggs, Mar 22, 2022.

1. fast pc speed test slow

My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network troubleshooter and what else I could think of.

:)

CharlesBeggs, Mar 22, 2022
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi

If a website has a slow server, a fast internet connection may be experienced but may have very slow download speeds. Download speed will be affected with the website server as it also impact your internet connection speed.

You may try a test with other websites and check the results with the website that you are experiencing slow download speed.

Meanwhile, kindly click on this link and find the post created by Santos_Rai
    to troubleshoot network and incoming internet connection.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Brucex64 Win User

fast pc speed test slow

Slow Speed According to the Test

I set the DNS address as you suggested.

I think we may have the culprit here. I swapped the cable to the computer from the router to the modem, bypassing the router. NOW look at my speed...

fast pc speed test slow [​IMG]

Also, I did not have ipv6 when using the router..it was ipv4 only. Now, here is the test IPv6 result:

fast pc speed test slow [​IMG]

My router is Belkin N300. Is there anything I can do in the settings to get it faster, or is this router not capable? Or is a router supposed to slow it down that much? Its only a few years old.

Brucex64, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

fast pc speed test slow

1. fast pc speed test slow - Similar Threads - fast speed test

2. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  3. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow: Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or...
  4. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow: Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or...
  5. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC: HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely...
  6. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC: HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely...
  7. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. fast pc speed test slow

fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  9. Slow Speed According to the Test

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Speed According to the Test: My internet provider is Xfinity. I'm on a 400mbps plan. My old modem was a SB6141 which is not rated to be able to handle this speed, so I got a new one - the SB6190. I'm using a desktop...the cable from the wall goes into the modem and then feeds a Belkin router, and from...
  10. HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Slow download speed despite multiple fast speed test results: Hello everybody, I hope this a good place for this post and my apologies if it is not. So here’s the situation: my wife and I just got a new printer and I was setting it up yesterday. Part of the setup is downloading the software to each of our computers. I downloaded it on...