Windows 10: Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.

Discus and support Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC runs Windows 10, all the fans are working everything seems to be powered but when I start the pc, it is really slow. In games where I had 200+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by overstand, Jul 9, 2020.

1. overstand Win User

Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.

My PC runs Windows 10, all the fans are working everything seems to be powered but when I start the pc, it is really slow.
    In games where I had 200+ FPS do I now have below 10 FPS. We have done multiple antivirus tests and that is not the problem. No big programs are opened other then the game wich runs so slow it is unplayable.

:)

overstand, Jul 9, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

PC suddenly became dangerously slow!

I don't have enough time to analyze the boot trace now, but at first glance your problem is related to your second disk (HDD).

Does your HDD contains systems files? When you unplug it does your system boot correctly ?

I'll look indepth to the boot trace this evening;

Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything. [​IMG]

zinou, Jul 9, 2020
  3. zinou Win User

Can you do a screenshot of the virtual memory configuration tab ?
    in the start menu type "SystemPropertiesAdvanced"

zinou, Jul 9, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

@gilescore
    I think that your problem is related to your HDD health state and your paging file configuration.

Your page file is probably split over your two Disks (SSD & HDD); In the Disk usage graph I see access to 2 page files, one on the SDD and the second one on the HDD. and these access fits under the time range when the delay is noticed in the Session Init phase.

What to do ?

Open the registry editor (Regedit)
    Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" check the value of this key "PagingFiles"
    If you find two values, that confirm my assuption. you have to put this value instead "?:\pagefile.sys"
    You can also check and change this value from the virtual memory properties Windows as I mentioned in my previous post, by checking .

Keep us informed...

zinou, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything. - Similar Threads - Fast suddenly became

2. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  3. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  4. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  6. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  7. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC became slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC became slow: 1st problem is that when ever i boot up it stays on black screen for about 2minutes or 1minute then it start normal boot up. before putting pw. 2nd one is the microsoft store does not work after i reset it i tried all things that was said on other same questions as mine but...
  9. Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.: My PC runs Windows 10, all the fans are working everything seems to be powered but when I start the pc, it is really slow. In games where I had 200+ FPS do I now have below 10 FPS. We have done multiple antivirus tests and that is not the problem. No big programs are opened...
  10. PC suddenly became dangerously slow!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC suddenly became dangerously slow!: I play mostly PC games, my PC can run them quite well I have 0 issues since I built it a couple years ago. I work in the evenings, so when I turned my PC to go to work, I came home later that night to realise my PC suddenly became super slow, I have an SSD and it takes about...