Windows 10: fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive

Discus and support fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some years back before I had USB 3.0 capability I purchased a Patriot 128GB Blitz USB 3.0 128GB Blitz Flash Drive. Don't recall if I checked the read/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Jul 5, 2019.

1. fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive

Some years back before I had USB 3.0 capability I purchased a Patriot 128GB Blitz USB 3.0 128GB Blitz Flash Drive. Don't recall if I checked the read/ write at the time or if I read reviews. Besides it said "Blitz" and it was a fancy racing yellow color. Turns out a short time late when I got a machine with USB 3.0 capability this drive was a complete dud. Slower than most of my USB 2.0 flash drives still now chugging away. Now the Blitz no longer works in any USB 3.0 port and only USB 2.0 ports. Any recommendations for a FAST read/ write cost conscious run of the mill USB 3.0 flash drive? I came across this page. Comments welcome. Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/slp/fastest-u...tn8uwkoh4b66pk

:)

phaedruspress, Jul 5, 2019

2. USB thumb/flash/jump drive transfer rates

Hello,

I have been using Windows 10 since I was able to download the upgrade in the summer of 2015. I have not had any issues with using any of my USB thumb/flash/jump (or what ever you want to call them) drives throughout usage of the operating system. I have
    drives ranging from 1GB to 32 GB (2.0). Recently, over the past two weeks, I have a transfer rate for data of approx. 355KB which fluctuates right down to 0KB on all, requiring approx. 17 hrs to transfer 12 GB of data (unacceptable), when a normal rate would
    be about 3-8 MBS with a transfer rate of about 50 mins for the same size files. My question to all is, has anyone else had any issue with a SUDDEN lack of transfer in ANY USB drives. All other functions work properly on the PC. I'm not sure if this is a "windows"
    thing where something changed or not. When I connect the drive, there seems to be a lag in recognition. This is evident when I open the file folder and search for my USB drive in the left hand portion of the screen. It seems to take a while to even recognize
    it. Not looking to offer specs and such, just asking if anyone else has had a recent drop in transfer rate for data on USB drives and a possible solution to the issue. Thanks!!

MarkFrodyma, Jul 5, 2019
  3. PNY Debuts the Wave 3.0 USB Flash Drive

PNY Technologies has announced the launch of the Wave 3.0 USB flash drive, a must-have for users who want to store or share their photos, music, videos and documents while on the move.

Store and transfer images, music, documents and more up to 5x faster
    Stylishly engineered with a sleek, retractable design, the PNY Wave 3.0 USB flash drive boasts super-fast read speeds of up to 80 MB/s and write speeds of up to 20 MB/s - that's 5 times faster than USB 2.0. Fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices, it's ready to plug and play with your existing gear.

fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive PNY_Wave_Attache_3.0_01_thm.jpg

The PNY Wave 3.0 with protective sliding cover is the perfect solution for safely storing, transferring, and sharing your valuable files, photos, videos, and more.

Benefits:
    • USB 3.0 Flash Drive
    • Read Speed: up to 80 MB/s
    • Write speed: up to 20 MB/s
    • Capless design
    • 5x faster than USB 2.0
    • Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
    Availability and pricing:
    PNY Wave 3.0 is available now from all registered PNY retailers in the UK at the following recommended retail prices:
    • 16 GB - £19.99
    • 32 GB - £29.99
    • 64 GB - £59.99

Cristian_25H, Jul 5, 2019
  4. fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive

Pictures transfer FROM flash drive TO Windows 10

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would recommend you to follow the below given steps to transfer pictures from computer to a flash drive.

• Plug-in the flash drive to the USB port on the computer
    • Select the pictures that you want transfer it to flash drive.
    • Right click on the selected pictures and choose
      Send To
      option.
    • From the options, select the plugged-in USB.
    • Pictures will be transferred to the flash drive.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive

1. fast read and transfer rate for a usb 3.0 flash drive - Similar Threads - fast read transfer

2. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  3. Can't read flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't read flash drive: I am suddenly having trouble reading two of my flash drives. They are both 32GB ADATA drives and were working yesterday but today I can't read either one. I've tried it from my USB hub and also directly in my laptop but in both cases, I just get "USB Drive (E:)" and "USB...
  4. Hard Drive at 100% Active, Even with Transfer Rate at 0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive at 100% Active, Even with Transfer Rate at 0: Hi there, Recently my computer has been experiencing slow downs and occasional program freezes. This happens mostly when opening the file explorer, or trying to access files on this drive. This seems to have occurred after an update, but this may or may not be related....
  5. windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive

windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive: window 10 USB ports not reading flash drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-ports-not-reading-flash-drive/b0e058c6-cae7-4db7-9828-7fb5a032a37a
  6. WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive

WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive: Plugged in my Cruzer USB drive to look up an old document. Control Panel shows device but cannot open it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-read-my-usb-flash-drive/9fcdd95e-8b52-4f15-8efe-d51afedcab42
  7. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly: Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top...
  8. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly: Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top...
  9. USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.

USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.: As per title. Windows 10 has already killed an older USB 2 flash drive, now the new USB 3 one only copies files at 20MBps. USB is seriously broken in Windows 10. 32587
  10. Slow USB Transfer rate

Slow USB Transfer rate: My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my transfers should be 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps), correct? So why am I getting half that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer rate for 3.0 flash drive