Windows 10: Fast set-up of a SECOND computer - Win10 license

Discus and support Fast set-up of a SECOND computer - Win10 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I do so many customizations at computer-setup time that a full setup takes > week. To set up two identical computers that each came with Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JonMmmm, Jan 26, 2021.

1. JonMmmm Win User

Fast set-up of a SECOND computer - Win10 license

I do so many customizations at computer-setup time that a full setup takes > week. To set up two identical computers that each came with Win10 preinstalled, I'm thinking of cloning the c: drive of the first computer after setup is done and then inserting the cloned drive into the new computer. I assume this will end up causing the 2nd computer to have the same Win10 license # as the first computer.

1 What is the process for transferring the original Win10 license from the 2nd computer back onto the 2nd computer after inserting the new cloned drive?

2 Do you have a suggested alternative to the above cloning approach for how to quickly set up the 2nd computer?

3 Do you have a suggested approach for a quick setup if the 2nd computer does NOT have hardware that is identical to the first? I believe hardware differences between the two computers would cause the cloning approach to generate errors that I am not well-suited to addressing.

:)

JonMmmm, Jan 26, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 26, 2021
  4. D2Beetle Win User

Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing

S-and-S,

Yes, they are Win10 and for each new build I do, I purchase a new license; no transfers and no hardware changes either. When I build a computer, that computer is listed under "My Devices", which represents a license; how do I get that computer off of my
    device list? Because it is no longer my computer.

D2Beetle, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Fast set-up of a SECOND computer - Win10 license - Similar Threads - Fast set SECOND

2. computer fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer fast: I got a new computer. It is a gift since I just graduated. Its not totally new and it is a second hand Windows 10. It is not fast enough. I want to improve the performance of it. How can I do that?...
  3. computer fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer fast: I got a new computer. It is a gift since I just graduated. Its not totally new and it is a second hand Windows 10. It is not fast enough. I want to improve the performance of it. How can I do that?...
  4. computer fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 license: hey, i got a prebuilt pc a year ago and now i want to build my own. if i take the drive with all my things + my win10 license, will it be verified on the new pc? if not, how do i verify it? will i need to buy a new copy of win10?...
  6. Setting up second account on son's computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up second account on son's computer: I set up my son's new computer with my Microsoft account and all my files opened up on his new computer. How do I remove them and keep my information private. I still want his computer to be associated with my email....
  7. Setting up a secure second installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up a secure second installation: I would like to ask if something can be done, and if so how to do it. I need to set up a second windows installation on my system for my work, I can do that easily enough. I'm not able to use a VM per company policy. My reason for seeing up a separate installation is to add...
  8. setting up windows on a second computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up windows on a second computer: How do I do this. I want to have the program on two computers owned by me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-windows-on-a-second-computer/e6981340-10cd-4431-8cce-e3c196229417
  9. setting up a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    setting up a second monitor: I want to see different screens on the monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-second-monitor/78b685e8-8521-4937-9023-572ff24778b7
  10. Fast Start/Fast Boot/Hibernation Settings for OEM Win10/64 Pro SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fast Start/Fast Boot/Hibernation Settings for OEM Win10/64 Pro SSD?: Howdy: Looking for guidance on optimal settings for new Dell system before I fire it up (specs in my profile). This is my first Win10 system and my first desktop, "production box" PC with dual drives (SSD (OS) + spinner (data)) and UEFI. I have read the many...