Windows 10: Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue

Discus and support Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, laptop has been running fine for ages. Then encountered black screen with flickering white lines on startup. Did a hold power button to reboot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gfresher, Mar 15, 2021.

1. gfresher Win User

Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue

Hi, laptop has been running fine for ages. Then encountered black screen with flickering white lines on startup. Did a hold power button to reboot and works fine. Narrowed it down to fast startup. Disable it and now works fine. Im fine using without but its nice to have the quick startup. Have tried to delete the Prefetch folder in windows to see if any corrupt data etc but didnt fix. This seemed to have occurred after recent windows update. Any thoughts or ideas? Many thanks

:)

gfresher, Mar 15, 2021

2. photoshop cs6 black screen flickering issues

For all those people who face this error please find below the easiest solution for this error.

1. First of all click on the Catalyst Control Center.
    2. Now click on ‘3D Application Settings’.
    3. All you have to do is change the ‘Wait for Vertical Refresh’ option to ‘On, unless application specifies’.

If you are not able to fix the issue using the steps given above and wanna try some other effective methods visit : Windows 8 and Photoshop CS6 Black Screen Flickering

Bhupesh Nimje, Mar 15, 2021
  3. n4esa Win User
    Random black screen flickering issue

Win10 Enterprise version 1909 build 18363.720

So I've been trying to troubleshoot an incredibly annoying screen flickering issue for months now.

I have a dual monitor setup, one is an Asus ProArt PA248 connected via Display port, and the other is actually a 32inch Toshiba TV connected via HDMI.

This setup ran fine for years and then one day I started getting a random black screen flicker, some details about the issue:
    - Both monitors flicker together, it isn't isolated to just 1 of them
    - Happens every 5-10 seconds, randomly
    - It can go for days without any issues, and kicks in randomly at random times
    - There's no colors mixed into the flicker, it's pure black

Some troubleshooting steps I've tried
    - New cables, no luck
    - Messing with every driver I can find, stock windows drivers and all versions of Intel display drivers
    - Someone suggested I bypass the built in Intel display adapter and MB ports & drivers so I bought a cheap GT 1030, was fine for a couple days then the exact same flicker issue started back up, so the issue doesn't even seem to be display/driver/graphic card related
    - Booting into safe mode the issue went away, it could have just been a random coincidence but I found it interesting that the issue stopped while I was in safe mode

My PC hasn't changed much over the years so all the obvious troubleshooting hasn't led anywhere, I'm not sure where to look or what to try next, the PC is a little dated at 6 years but still runs fine otherwise I'd hate to have to build out a new system just because of this issue.

n4esa, Mar 15, 2021
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

1. Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue - Similar Threads - Fast Start black

2. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering start up page: My windows computer surface was just fine until after when I came back. When I started it up it kept flickering and lagging. I tried to restart it but it didn't work. Furthermore it actually showed the start up page when you login. Any help or solutions?...
  3. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering start up page: My windows computer surface was just fine until after when I came back. When I started it up it kept flickering and lagging. I tried to restart it but it didn't work. Furthermore it actually showed the start up page when you login. Any help or solutions?...
  4. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flickering on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on start-up: Hello,I'm running a double screen setup, one on displayport and one on HDMI, they're also different versions of ASUS screens, with the displayport on a ASUS VG249Q1R and the HDMI on a ASUS VN247. On windows 11.My issue is that whenever the computer goes to sleep and I wake it...
  6. Screen flickering on start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering on start-up: Hello,I'm running a double screen setup, one on displayport and one on HDMI, they're also different versions of ASUS screens, with the displayport on a ASUS VG249Q1R and the HDMI on a ASUS VN247. On windows 11.My issue is that whenever the computer goes to sleep and I wake it...
  7. Random black screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random black screen flickering issue: Win10 Enterprise version 1909 build 18363.720 So I've been trying to troubleshoot an incredibly annoying screen flickering issue for months now. I have a dual monitor setup, one is an Asus ProArt PA248 connected via Display port, and the other is actually a 32inch Toshiba...
  8. Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up: Help! A couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was working fine for 5 years before upgrading and was working until now. I've returned home after a week away to find that my PC wanted to update. After 2 hours, it was still stuck on a loading...
  9. Screen flickers black, other issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickers black, other issues: Hello. My screen will periodically flicker to black once in a while. It lasts less than half a second when it occurs. When it does this, a few things happen: 1. A second mouse curser is visible in the centre of the screen. I can control the original curse, but the second...
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flickering screen and disable fast startup