Windows 10: Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

Discus and support Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated to version 2004 and now if fast start-up is selected my PC sits at the POST screen. I see no spinning circle and have to force a restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Banjo_man, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Banjo_man Win User

Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

I updated to version 2004 and now if fast start-up is selected my PC sits at the POST screen. I see no spinning circle and have to force a restart. The computer works perfectly well providing fast start-up isn't selected. Is there anything I can do to overcome this. I don't want to revert to the previous version. I have carried out all the troubleshooting, ran SFC and DISM etc.

:)

Banjo_man, Jul 10, 2020
  2. davpet27 Win User

Group Policy Editor not working after Vers 2004 updates.

Hi All.

Would appreciate knowing if any others have been affected after running the two most recent updates for Win 10 2004.

I did a clean install of Win 10 Vers 2004. After which Group Editor Policy worked fine and was accessible. However after applying updates KB4557957 or KB4567523 my Group Policy Editor reports the following error on trying to open it. Please see attached image.

"An appropriate resource file could not be found for file C:\Windows\Policy Definitions\appv.admx (error=2) The system cannot find file specified"

This has affected all my machines and an uninstall of the update does not resolve the issue.

Would like to know if others have experienced a similar issue and if anyone might know what the problem is and if their is a way that I could resolve it would be appreciated.

Many thanks Dave
    Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004 [​IMG]

davpet27, Jul 10, 2020
  3. rdwray Win User
    Printer doesn't work anymore after the last Windows update

@Berton do you have update KB4557957 installed?

rdwray, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

Microsoft Money 2004 not working with Win10

Money 2004 Stopped Working---(The day before the following happened.):

• Vegas Video, A DVD Program failed to start.
      It informed me that the .Net framework that to be turned on.

• I entered the Control Panel

• 'Clicked' on Turn Windows Features On/Off

• 'Clicked' and 'check' the box to turn on .NET Framework 3.5 (includes.net 2.0 and 3.0)

• This process took a long time to download and install.

• After turning the computer off and restarting Vegas Video and my HP scanning software worked great, but Money 2004 did not work.

• The following day 'new' updates were downloaded and installed.
      After that Money 2004 has worked great.

• Some of the updates could have addressed the change in the .NET Framework 3.5 and/or others could have address the problem I had with Money 2004.

• Money 2004, Vegas Video and my HP Software all work great.

rlw

RobertWarexyz, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

1. Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004 - Similar Threads - Fast Start doesn't

2. Mouse not working after updating to windows 10 ver.2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working after updating to windows 10 ver.2004: Dear guys, I have a problem with my mouse after updating windows 10 to 2004 version. I use Razer Lachesis 5600. The windows doesn't recognize that mouse every I start the windows. So I need to replug the mouse usb connection to make it works. But it just solve the problem...
  3. Update ver 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update ver 2004: Cant get past 82% Is it going to be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-ver-2004/27360b53-d395-4c71-9169-a292969c7e00
  4. software not working after latest update to ver. 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software not working after latest update to ver. 2004: As with a lot of other users, I have been having problems with software that was running perfectly before. The first thing was that I can now not keep log ins for different websites such as Amazon. The second thing: my Samsung printer M82275DW will not scan unless I run...
  5. Keyboard doesn't work after waking up after windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard doesn't work after waking up after windows 2004 update: Hello, I have Asus Zenbook 14 UM433i - two days ago I've updated to windows 2004. Now, when my laptop goes to sleep and I wake it up, the keyboard is not responding. Any option that I should switch or something so prevent it from happening? Or just rollback? submitted by...
  6. Group Policy Editor not working after Vers 2004 updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy Editor not working after Vers 2004 updates.: Hi All. Would appreciate knowing if any others have been affected after running the two most recent updates for Win 10 2004. I did a clean install of Win 10 Vers 2004. After which Group Editor Policy worked fine and was accessible. However after applying updates KB4557957...
  7. Screenshotting tool doesn't work after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshotting tool doesn't work after 2004 update: Since my Windows language is Turkish, I don't know what this software is originally called, but you know what I'm talking about, you can look at the screenshots. It used to work with 1903, then I upgraded to 2004. Everything works fine except for this. I take a screenshot...
  8. Problem after WINDOWS Ver 2004 UPDATE.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after WINDOWS Ver 2004 UPDATE.: I UPDATED MY PC TO THE 2004 UPDATE FOR SLOW INSIDERS AND AFTER A WEEK MY PC TAKES UNUSUALLY LONG TIME TO BOOT. AFTER THAT INSTEAD OF SHOW THE LOGIN WINDOW IT SAYS THAT MY INSIDER BUILD HAS RUN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART. I TRIED CHKDSK AND OTHER THINGS TOO. THE...
  9. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440