Windows 10: Fast Start-Up in Windows 10

Discus and support Fast Start-Up in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does this feature still exist in Windows 10. I ask because during the preview builds, I turned this off under Power Plan options to dismount all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WightWalker, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Fast Start-Up in Windows 10

Does this feature still exist in Windows 10.

I ask because during the preview builds, I turned this off under Power Plan options to dismount all drives when shutting down to make sure that when I dual booted back into Windows 7, this operating system didn't see a 'dirty bit' & perform a chkdsk.

I've upgraded Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro & still occasionally boot into the preview build 10240. I now getting disk errors when booting between the 2 builds with disk errors being reported & a chkdsk being performed.

These leaves a directory entry called 'found.000/found.002' in the reported HD. Is it safe to remove this after taking ownership?

Is there an option to turn off 'Fast Startup' in the retail version of Windows 10?

UPDATE:

Just found this: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Although I didn't see the option to turn this off here but used the registry editor to disable.

Fast Start-Up in Windows 10 [​IMG]

But now have it disables:

Fast Start-Up in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

WightWalker, Aug 8, 2015

2. windows 10 fast start up

thank u very much for the fast reply and i was able to solve the problem by following the first method so once again thank u and keep up the good work Fast Start-Up in Windows 10 :D

mahmoudwafeek, Aug 8, 2015
  3. windows 10 fast start up

Hi Mahmoud,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Kindly Wipe out/delete the files in the folder
    C:\Windows\Prefetch
    (Tip: Press the Windows +R keys on the keyboard and type
    %windir%\Prefetch and hit enter). These are the files used to speed up the OS boot, but probably some were corrupted and generated the issue preventing the Fast boot to work.

Note: Delete every file and folder inside Prefetch folder except
    Layout.ini file. With this you may totally able to resolve the issue.

Method 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Firey1989 Win User

Fast Start-Up in Windows 10

Firey1989, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Fast Start-Up in Windows 10

1. Fast Start-Up in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fast Start

2. Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayvacs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13b80wp/whenever_i_transfer_files_between_volumes_the/
  3. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  4. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  5. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  7. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  8. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

9. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...
  10. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...