Windows 10: Fast Start up

Discus and support Fast Start up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShovanSaha, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:12 PM.

1. Fast Start up

What will happen if I disable the fast start-up?

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Fast Start up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. YoussifC6 Win User
    C6 battery drain too fast

i already done this steps still my battery drain too fast hope for other suggestions

4. Fast Start up

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Thema:

Fast Start up

1. Fast Start up - Similar Threads - Fast Start

2. Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dropdown menu, start-up menu, and other page scrolling too fast since 3/28 ish. Unable to...: Hello! I do not pretend to know computer lingo so I apologize in advance if I don't explain myself adequately. My problem is with my mouse. It is working properly for "pointing" to links etc. However, when there is any kind of drop down menu on the site I am working with...
  3. Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled: I'm working on a PC with Windows 10 Pro v1803 and a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard & SSD. The PC is configured to have boot menu options for normal boot, Macrium Reflect Recovery and Safe Mode. All works fine with fast start up disabled. With fast start-up enabled, the boot...
  4. Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows failed fast start up with error status 0xC00000D4: Hello. In 5.10.2018 i uninstalled graphic card drivers . Then i made a clean pc shutdown by windows 10 shutdown click. And it closed pc perfectly. Then of course i unplug gpu from slot. But today i boot pc with new GPU ,today is 15.10.2018 and event log reported this:...
  5. Fast start up in Windows 1807

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fast start up in Windows 1807: What would be the difference in my PC's performance if I were to disable fast start up? Would disabling it affect performance other than the boot time?...
  6. Windows 10 updates turning on fast start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates turning on fast start: I am self employed running a one man business. I have a laptop running windows 10 pro. This is used primarily for onsite presentations to clients + some office work. Fast start is turned off as the computer can go a few weeks without use and having this feature turned on...
  7. Turning off Fast start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Fast start.: Ever since my laptop upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home (now Build 17134_release 180410-18040, on waking up there is a lag before before the logon screen appears. The hdd is a 200GB ssd. I have the latest graphic driver. There have been suggestions that turning off...
  8. How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled: HI when I have fast start up checked windows hangs is there any thing I can do. I turn off fast start up and and it boots ok I am using a samsung ssd 850 pro any help would be much appreciated thanks 85561
  9. Fast Start and shutdown behaving a little oddly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start and shutdown behaving a little oddly.: I have 'Fast Start' enabled in power options. It is ticked as being on. That said it is only fair to say that I deliberately did have it turned off while initially clean installing and setting up FCU a couple of weeks ago. So... a few days ago I turned it back on and...
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440