Windows 10: Fast Start up

Discus and support Fast Start up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShovanSaha, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Fast Start up

What will happen if I disable the fast start-up?

:)

ShovanSaha, Aug 14, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Fast Start up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 14, 2019
  3. YoussifC6 Win User
    C6 battery drain too fast

i already done this steps still my battery drain too fast hope for other suggestions

YoussifC6, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Fast Start up

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Fast Start up

1. Fast Start up - Similar Threads - Fast Start

2. Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayvacs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13b80wp/whenever_i_transfer_files_between_volumes_the/
  3. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  4. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  5. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  7. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  8. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

9. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...
  10. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...