Windows 10: Fast Start up

Discus and support Fast Start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1957, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Frank1957 Win User

Fast Start up

Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password?

:)

Frank1957, Aug 30, 2017

2. Fast start up not working..

i have windows 10 pro when i freshly upgraded from windows 7 the fast start up was working correctly but later few days back when I shutdown my laptop and then started again it took time .. Although hybernation and fast start up both are enabled ... PLEASE
    HELP....��

zaheer_syd, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Fast start up not working..

Hi Zaheer,

To help you better, please answer the following questions.

• What is the make and model of the device?
    • Are you using Windows Defender or a third party antivirus software?
    • Is you system running with compatible drivers?

Try the following methods and check.

Method 1: Run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persist, try the following method.

Method 2: Disabling Anti-virus software.

If your PC is running with any third party Antivirus software then there might be changes that will cause Windows 10 to take a long time to Startup. Try disabling it for a moment and check if helps. Also ensure the your system is running with all compatible
    Windows 10 drivers. Check and confirm the same from Manufacturer website.

Note : Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have
    to temporarily disable it for any purpose, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Let us know the result. We'll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Fast Start up

Brink, Aug 30, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @Frank1957

No, not if you are signed in as a standard user. That is a setting that requires administrator rights to change. You'll have to sign in with an account with administrator right to turn off fast startup, or give the name and password of an admin account when asked if signed in with a standard account. Do you not have an admin account you could use? Why do you need to turn off fast startup anyway?

As a one-time way of starting up without using fast startup you can choose Restart on the Start menu's Power button. This doesn't turn off fast startup, it just does a full shut down and starts up from cold this one time.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fast Start up

1. Fast Start up - Similar Threads - Fast Start

2. Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I transfer files between volumes the transfer always starts off super fast then...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayvacs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13b80wp/whenever_i_transfer_files_between_volumes_the/
  3. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  4. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start': Hello,When users at my organization try to open links in Edge, it seems to be tacking on "--fast-start%20--single-argument%20https" to the front of the URL. This causes the "Hmmm... can't reach this page" to be displayed. It does not happen if I change their default browser...
  5. When opening links in Microsoft Edge it adds '--fast-start'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  7. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers: HiMy fast start has gone very slow... I have tried to fix it by doing these things:Method 1. Restore default power optionsMethod 2. Run power TroubleshooterUpdate biosUpdate drivers ran the check, updated a graphics driverStill no joy I am running windows 10 and would prefer...
  8. fast start not working on windows 10 - have updated bios and checked drivers

9. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...
  10. Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?

Does a force shutdown clear kernel despite having fast start up on?: I'm just curious if a force shutdown would still not clear the kernel if the fast start up option is still enabled. Will it be the same as a normal shutdown?Additionally, I noticed after shutting down my computer the clock timer still goes on.I'm wondering if the timer will...