Windows 10: Fast Startup Creators update.

Discus and support Fast Startup Creators update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to disable fast startup in the Creators Update, I've looked at the tutorials but they all seem to come from earlier versions and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zooburner, Jun 7, 2017.

1. zooburner Win User

Fast Startup Creators update.

Is there a way to disable fast startup in the Creators Update, I've looked at the tutorials but they all seem to come from earlier versions and the screenshots shown no longer reflect what I see.

Brink has a tutorial with a .bat file, would this still be valid to use ? I would prefer though to be able to turn it off manually.

Many thanks *Smile

:)

zooburner, Jun 7, 2017
  2. Paul VA Win User

windows 10 creator update black screen when booting

The answer is that the "Creators Update" will turn on a Power option "Fast Startup", which is a big culprit. The real culprit is that this is a known problem for "Creators Update", that the "Fast Startup" is overridden from user setting, and turned back
    on, despite dark screen problems that have been apparent since last year. Bad, bad Microsoft!

It is true that some device attachments, wireless mouse or USB DVD/RW drives cause "Fast Startup" to be a problem. But there is NO EXCUSE to override user settings that fix the problem, in ANY update!

Paul VA, Jun 7, 2017
  3. Nero- Win User
    Windows 10 Fast Startup

Hi Community,

I've been suffering from the problem with fast startup for a really long time. I cannot shutdown my laptop with the fast startup on (Power light on). I literally tried everything to solve it. Flashing newer BIOS, update power management driver, turn off
    and back on the fast startup, roll back the Intel Management Interface driver......

First I thought it was the problem with my BIOS or hard disk so I quit trying for some time. But when I just finish updating to the Fall Creator Update, I suddenly realized it was not.

The problem is that, every time when I complete a major update, like the Creator Update, Fall Creator Update or BIOS update, Intel Management Interface driver rollback, I get to normally shut down my laptop with the fast startup. But I can ONLY normally
    use it once. Therefore I'm wondering if something wrong with the fast startup cache. Maybe it is not able to replace the old ones with the new ones? I cannot find information about the fast startup cache from google, so could anyone please help me with this?

Looking forward for possible solutions.

Thanks,

Callen

Nero-, Jun 7, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Fast Startup is not in the Windows OS but in your Bios.
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Security Tab or the Boot Tab, Disable Fast Startup

spunk, Jun 7, 2017
  5. zooburner Win User
    zooburner, Jun 7, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    A possibility that might explain what you're (not) seeing:

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10 Mode

Note: if you want it disabled, this is not an argument to enable hibernation, of course.

dalchina, Jun 7, 2017
  7. zooburner Win User
    That's it, thanks so much it was that simple ! I'm annoyed with myself now, in the back on my mind I knew that !

zooburner, Jun 7, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

If they were all as easily fixed, would be great!

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fast Startup Creators update. - Similar Threads - Fast Startup Creators

2. Is fast startup bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is fast startup bad?: I am running windows 11 on a NVME SSD with 512gb storage is fast startup bad for my pc?SSD:WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-512G-1006 512.1 GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-fast-startup-bad/0e7c20d1-f175-44a0-afc4-eb0dffee6089
  3. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  4. Fast Startup and Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fast Startup and Windows Update: In Light of the below article, is it still Microsoft recommendation for Fast Startup to be enabled? https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4011287/windows-updates-not-install-with-fast-startup...
  5. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  6. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  7. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  8. windows creators update slow startup

in Windows 10 Support
    windows creators update slow startup: I updated my Dell Precision 7710 to Windows Creators Update. It was done through windows update. Startup is very slow. It probably takes two minutes or more from when the spinning dots show up before it gets to the windows screen to type in my password. Before it was much...
  9. Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 creators update..leave fast startup on or turn off?: In my Lenovo Ideapad 305 I had problems with the earlier edition of win 10 so I was advised to turn off the fast start up of my pc and problem was solved,now the creators edition has been successfully installed I see the setting has been put back to fast start up with no...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...