Windows 10: Fast Startup disabled, PC (off) gets unplugged, Then boot loop as system files corrupted?

Discus and support Fast Startup disabled, PC (off) gets unplugged, Then boot loop as system files corrupted? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; New PC, new to WIN10. OS is on new SSD (WD SN750) All is good now but could still use insight! I enjoy a full shut down so I disable fast startup. PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JebDipSpit, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Fast Startup disabled, PC (off) gets unplugged, Then boot loop as system files corrupted?

New PC, new to WIN10. OS is on new SSD (WD SN750) All is good now but could still use insight!

I enjoy a full shut down so I disable fast startup. PC is off and gets unplugged then on next boot I get stuck in a boot loop, system repair running over and over. I was tired AF so memory is off but I believe I remedied it by selecting Repair By Network Adapter.

Maybe drive is a dud, destined to fail soon though it shows as healthy in Disk Management. Any other tools for determining this?

I do believe it was from losing power, but I am lost since I had Fast Startup disabled. Are there any other things I need to set in order for it to properly shutdown? I'm just not a "leave-it-running-all-the-time-kinda-guy" and I like it to have a fresh start every session. Should I be holding Shift every time I shut down?

submitted by /u/JebDipSpit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JebDipSpit, Dec 14, 2020

2. Fast Startup Preventing my PC from booting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing in booting the PC after disabling Fast Startup.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC/motherboard?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to boot the PC to desktop and follow the suggestion as mentioned in this article to disable hibernation:

How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows

Once disabled, try connecting the keyboard and mouse to the motherboard USB ports and check.

Also, we would suggest you to update the Chipset driver from PC manufacturer website for

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 14, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Fast Startup disabled, PC (off) gets unplugged, Then boot loop as system files corrupted?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Fast Startup disabled, PC (off) gets unplugged, Then boot loop as system files corrupted?

1. Fast Startup disabled, PC (off) gets unplugged, Then boot loop as system files corrupted? - Similar Threads - Fast Startup disabled

2. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  3. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  4. Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working: I am having an issue with the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver. My brother and I both use the PC for gaming and we use separate Windows User accounts (Mine is admin, his is regular). The problem we have is when one of use uses the PC before the other the GeForce Experience in...
  5. Disabling fast boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling fast boot: How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they...
  6. Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.: What happens if I unplug my computer on using fast startup? what happens if there is a powercut? what happens if there is unexpected powercut during boot.windows logo screen...
  7. ACPI.sys high CPU on system power-on but not restart fast boot/startup disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI.sys high CPU on system power-on but not restart fast boot/startup disabled: I'm puzzled by the following issue: When I power-on my clean-installed Windows 10 Pro 2004 I notice high load on one CPU core: [ATTACH] Processes shows me "System Interrupts", under closer examination I see ACPI.sys to be responsible: [ATTACH] Which typically points...
  8. Fast startup can not be disabled

Fast startup can not be disabled: Since the latest windows update (This evening): Even though Fast startup is NOT selected. The computer still starts up and basically logs in in the background (the apps in the startup folder are already running) and the username is displayed even though dontdisplaylastlogon...
  9. Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot: Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?) The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a recovery usb. If I turn off Fast Startup all is well and the computer boots. What would be be the code? Thanks 98382
  10. No option to disable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to disable Fast Startup: All of the guides I have seen say that to disable Fast Startup you should: - Settings | System | Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings - Choose what the power buttons do Then under "Shut down settings" there should be a tick box - but I dont have it. Screenshot:...