Windows 10: Fast Startup doesn't break power cycle

Discus and support Fast Startup doesn't break power cycle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Enabling Fast Startup in the Control Panel or, indeed, leaving it enabled as per default caused my PC to not reset uptime on shutdowns, only on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Plantelo, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Plantelo Win User

Fast Startup doesn't break power cycle

Enabling Fast Startup in the Control Panel or, indeed, leaving it enabled as per default caused my PC to not reset uptime on shutdowns, only on restarts. I checked with Task Manager, which is often reporting multiple days of uptime directly after the system boots. What are Fast Startup's effects on shutdowns, powerups, and restarts, and how does this prolonged uptime affect my PC's performance?

:)

Plantelo, Jan 25, 2021
  2. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Jan 25, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Fast Startup doesn't break power cycle [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 25, 2021
  4. tuunade98 Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

I turned it off i'll report back if problem still persists. Do you guys have any other ideas as well, just in case this doesn't work..

EDIT: sorry for double post

tuunade98, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Fast Startup doesn't break power cycle - Similar Threads - Fast Startup doesn't

2. Is fast startup bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is fast startup bad?: I am running windows 11 on a NVME SSD with 512gb storage is fast startup bad for my pc?SSD:WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-512G-1006 512.1 GB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-fast-startup-bad/0e7c20d1-f175-44a0-afc4-eb0dffee6089
  3. BSOD startup loop, nothing breaks the cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD startup loop, nothing breaks the cycle: Blue screen of death every time I start up. Tried all troubleshooting options available in the blue screen startup prompt. Tried uninstalling the most recent update this saga started after the July 2021 update, and I KNOW this update has caused this problem with other Windows...
  4. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  5. bsod, hanging, power cycling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod, hanging, power cycling: Hey! So, today has been a rollercoaster of issues everything was fine yday Started off with a nice warming BSOD - irql not less or equal into sys service exception win32kbase.sys right after system rebooted itself. Then everything was fun for a while, until PC froze...
  6. Fast Startup

Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  7. Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options

Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options: I cannot work out how to get my laptop to work properly with the sleep options since updating to 1909. I want to close the lid so it goes into sleep mode so that when I open the laptop lid the next time it loads straight away and also I want the fast startup option as well....
  8. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...