Windows 10: Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903)

Discus and support Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all I've been having an issue with Windows 10 reporting an error with 'fast startup failing', it lists a critical 'Kernel power - system' error of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kaien294, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Kaien294 Win User

Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903)

Hi all

I've been having an issue with Windows 10 reporting an error with 'fast startup failing', it lists a critical 'Kernel power - system' error of 41.

The error log meanwhile lists the kernel-boot and error '29', with the text reading 'Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.'

I've managed to resolve this so far on this mostly brand new computer by clearing the prefetch folder, and it seems to correlate directly with how long it's been since a windows update, for about a month it remained fine, and recently it's begun occurring, whether with an interval of two or six days. Recently I noticed that when it last occurred the prefetch folder was missing 'layout.ini', and restoring this did not fix it, however clearing the log and waiting for it to return did.

My computer is an Asus gaming pc, and I did have to use the windows update assistant to update it to 1903, is it perhaps something software based I merely need to wait to be updated, or should I contact support for those I have insurance with?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

:)

Kaien294, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Fast startup on windows 10 anniversary

Hi,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting Startup issue, kindly refer to this

link

Should you have questions or clarifications, let us know.

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903)

Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fast startup is not working after the check disk in your PC. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing to perform the check disk?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Which Edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Using Group Policy Editor:

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows Key + R combination and put gpedit.msc in
      Run dialog box.
    • In the left pane navigate to:

• Now look in the right pane, you’ll got the policy named Require use of fast startup as shown above.
    • Double click on this policy to get the window shown below.
    • Now you can use following settings:
    • Force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Enable
    • Do NOT force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Disabled/Not configured
      (Default Setting)
    • After making changes click Apply followed by OK.
    Restart the machine and check if it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903)

1. Fast Startup Failure (Windows 10 1903) - Similar Threads - Fast Startup Failure

2. Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup: Why is my option to "Turn on fast startup" greyed out? [ATTACH] Pls Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup/4c05238b-43c2-4cc7-abff-f89aaf2795cd
  3. Windows Fast startup

Windows Fast startup: HI, My name is Sumiyuru and I have a problem about fast startup feature, By default my computer had the fast startup feature, and it worked fine but one day when I tried to shutdown it only made the screen black and went to lock screen, As I looked into web suggestions it...
  4. Fast Startup

Fast Startup: Okay so I figured out what's causing my computer to not fully shut down, and I'm cool with the whole fast startup feature but my problem with it is that I cant turn my computer back on when its in that mode, like I would have to hold the power button for it to fully shut...
  5. Updates may not install with Fast Startup in Windows 10 1903 and 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Updates may not install with Fast Startup in Windows 10 1903 and 1809: Updates may not be installed with Fast Startup in Windows 10 Applies to: Windows 10 version 1903 all editions, Windows 10 version 1809 all editions, Windows 10 Summary Windows updates might not be installed on your system after you shut down your computer. This behavior...
  6. 1903 changed Fast Startup settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 changed Fast Startup settings??: Has the 1903 update removed the ability to disable Fast Startup? 134756
  7. "turn on fast startup" windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "turn on fast startup" windows 10: "turn on fast startup" windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-fast-startup-windows-10/2f19289e-6c94-43cb-b23a-fb8b8ee38320
  8. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No fast startup: Hi i have looked in power settings and all i have is sleep and lock no fast startup box to tick i have looked in hiberboot enabled and it is set on (1) i do have 14393-222 build and i do not have any other problems with windows 10 just slow start up. Hp workstation 2tb hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fast startup failing

2. win 10 1903 no fast start up option

3. how to enable fast boot for windows 10 1903