Windows 10: Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

Discus and support Fast Startup not working even when its enabled in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have enabled fast startup in the control panel but still it does not work. A few days ago, it was working correctly and I had no problem. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aryavtiwari, May 29, 2021.

1. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

I have enabled fast startup in the control panel but still it does not work. A few days ago, it was working correctly and I had no problem. But nowadays, it does not work even when I have enabled it. I tried disabling restarting and enabling restarting, but nothing worked. How did it happen? I was playing GTA 5 on my pc when it suddenly turned off. When I turned it on again, the bios showed "The computer went into hibernation due to overheating and the computer should work correctly now." From that point, the fast startup don't work. How do I know that fast startup is working or not? When fast

:)

aryavtiwari, May 29, 2021

2. Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fast startup is not working after the check disk in your PC. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing to perform the check disk?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Which Edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Using Group Policy Editor:

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows Key + R combination and put gpedit.msc in
      Run dialog box.
    • In the left pane navigate to:

• Now look in the right pane, you’ll got the policy named Require use of fast startup as shown above.
    • Double click on this policy to get the window shown below.
    • Now you can use following settings:
    • Force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Enable
    • Do NOT force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Disabled/Not configured
      (Default Setting)
    • After making changes click Apply followed by OK.
    Restart the machine and check if it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 29, 2021
  3. Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

Hi,

I'm sorry that the solution provided previously didn't work so as to the next step in making the fast startup option work I would suggest you make sure Hibernate option is enabled, please follow the below to enable Hibernate along with Fast Startup Option

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

Step 1:

Press the Windows button on the keyboard to open the Start menu or Start screen.

Step 2:

Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

Step 3:

When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

Step 4:

At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.

Step 5:

Restart the PC

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 29, 2021
  4. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

Unable to enable a startup app

I can't enable windows store app to start with windows.

The step I folowed are

• Open task manager
    • go to startup tab
    • select the app
    • enable
    and when I reopen it's set at disable

The step recorder file

https://we.tl/t-wGtoYHVHfE

Nilon123456789, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

1. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled - Similar Threads - Fast Startup working

2. Fast Startup is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Startup is not working: My laptop is MSI GF63 thin 11UC 8gb ram 512gb ssd, intel i7 11th gen, windows 11. Previously, fast startup is working properly in my pc but later I have turned off hibernation. when I turned on hibernation, fast startup is not working. my system is up to date [Windows 11...
  3. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  4. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  5. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Fast startup not working even it is turned on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast startup not working even it is turned on: I am using fast startup in my pc but suddenly when I turned on my pc today fast startup doesn't work.I don't know what's the problem pls help me....
  7. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and screen turns off. But within a second the screen lits up again on the lock screen. If fast startup is disabled, this issue no longer exists. When I open event viewer, I...
  8. Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible that I can enable the startup sound even for fast boot/startup?: submitted by /u/Merrick_919 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs46be/is_it_possible_that_i_can_enable_the_startup/
  9. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  10. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...