Windows 10: Fast startup

Discus and support Fast startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you 18351 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by usmc362, Aug 21, 2015.

1. usmc362 Win User

Fast startup

Hi, does anyone know how to enable fast startup without enabling hibernation windows 10? Thank you

:)

usmc362, Aug 21, 2015
  2. viffergb Win User

Fast startup

Hi Richard,

I've just seen that there is a further Acronis True Image 2016 update available for download, dated 28/4/2016.

It details amongst other things :-

'Acronis True Image 2016 disables Windows 10 fast startup'

as one of the fixes.

Its build number is 6569. Interestingly I cannot find the Release Note anymore for my existing build version which is 6559!

I think I will upgrade to this latest build but first make sure I have created a 'Restore Point' in the hope I can revert back to build 6559 if there are any problems!

viffergb, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Fast startup

Hi viffergb,

Addendum to my last message:

After last Sunday, even after several restarts, where the hook
    for the quick start is still not activated been, I have driven down my computer and no longer even started.

Today I booted him and lo and behold - the hook for the quick start has been indicated.
    I could hardly believe it and had it set me to uninstall Acronis, clean registry and the data in the Program Data directory, then reinstall
    Acronis

after a restart.

For safety's sake, I have the computer rebooted - and again the hook stayed with quick start there.
    Very beautiful!

I can explain the phenomenon from the last Sunday just so that Windows 10 responds relatively sensitive to repeated reboots.
    So my operating system has for example rebuild the search index because it was reportedly damaged.
    To me it looks as if the operating system changes caused by the latest Acronis update process may not be immediately or it is related to the execution of my backup tasks together (that the changes are only then become effective).
    Strange, but otherwise I can not explain.

Regardless, it certainly would not hurt, to reinstall Acronis
    , because in the target directories are data, that appears to previous versions and are no longer used.
    I conclude, at least from the date of last modification in various files.

For me, the Quick Start now seems therefore to remain activated.
    I just wanted to tell you. Fast startup :)

Best wishes,

Richard

Richard A. Schaller, Aug 21, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Fast startup

Hi,
    Right click battery icon in Taskbar, Power Options, Choose what the power buttons do from left pane, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, then scroll down and tick Fast start up.

Fast startup [​IMG]

Fast startup [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid that Fast Startup requires that hibernate be enabled. However, you don't have to use hibernate though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fast startup

1. Fast startup - Similar Threads - Fast startup

2. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  3. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  4. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  5. Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown

Fast startup causing my laptop to turn on after being shutdown: my laptop was working fine until suddenly, when fast startup is on, whenever i click shut down, my laptop, after shutting down, automatically boots right back up? how to fix this issue?...
  6. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....: Good day. From the question itself, every time I Disable Fast Startup on Windows 10 it causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen. Opposite to what other people have been experiencing. Now if I enable "Fast startup, windows has to boot twice before starting. Can...
  7. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....: Good day. From the question itself, every time I Disable Fast Startup on Windows 10 it causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen. Opposite to what other people have been experiencing. Now if I enable "Fast startup, windows has to boot twice before starting. Can...
  8. Disabling Fast Startup on Windows 10 causes not to shutdown. Reverts back to Lockscreen....

9. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will completely go black without shutting down; for example: Mouse, Keyboard and Screen will turn off and fans will reduce their...
  10. Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. -: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my PC. It turns off randomly while playing games, not while doing other tasks. In some games the system will completely go black without shutting down; for example: Mouse, Keyboard and Screen will turn off and fans will reduce their...