Windows 10: Faster shutdown

Discus and support Faster shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My PC is very slow on shutdown and I knew the reason it is my external drive connected to usb port, I think it take time waiting to disconnet from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by William40, Jul 10, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

Faster shutdown

Hi,

My PC is very slow on shutdown and I knew the reason it is my external drive connected to usb port, I think it take time waiting to disconnet from it first so is there a way to force disconnect from my external drive on restart or shutdown ?

:)

William40, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Callender Win User
    Callender, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Faster shutdown

little cat, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Faster shutdown

1. Faster shutdown - Similar Threads - Faster shutdown

2. Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend: My friend with AMD 7800 xt & Ryzen 7 7700x & 32GB RAM 6k Mhz Speed agrees that windows 10 works for him without any of the lags he had on win11 and it just feels so much smoother.Apps opening, apps using, system apps using, etc. It's just so much faster and Win10 has an...
  3. Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is MUCH faster than windows 11 for my friend: My friend with AMD 7800 xt & Ryzen 7 7700x & 32GB RAM 6k Mhz Speed agrees that windows 10 works for him without any of the lags he had on win11 and it just feels so much smoother.Apps opening, apps using, system apps using, etc. It's just so much faster and Win10 has an...
  4. Compiling in WSL2 if 6x Faster than on native Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compiling in WSL2 if 6x Faster than on native Windows: I have 2 IDEs - vscode and Eclipse that both compile 6x slower on the native host than they do running in WSL. I;ve tried different compiler and different code bases, and they are all about the same. This is a mid end machine with 2TB NVME SSD and a Ryzen 3900X and I've...
  5. Compiling in WSL2 if 6x Faster than on native Windows

Compiling in WSL2 if 6x Faster than on native Windows: I have 2 IDEs - vscode and Eclipse that both compile 6x slower on the native host than they do running in WSL. I;ve tried different compiler and different code bases, and they are all about the same. This is a mid end machine with 2TB NVME SSD and a Ryzen 3900X and I've...
  6. Compiling in WSL2 if 6x Faster than on native Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 updates download faster now

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates download faster now: Microsoft has decreased the size of updates for Windows 10 significantly, which means that they will download faster now. Back in 2021, Microsoft announced that it has cut the size of updates for Windows 11 by an average of 40 percent. The technical article explains that...
  8. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  9. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...
  10. Faster shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Faster shutdown: Hi, My PC is very slow on shutdown and I knew the reason it is my external drive connected to usb port, I think it take time waiting to disconnet from it first so is there a way to force disconnect from my external drive on restart or shutdown ? 160317