Windows 10: Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?

Discus and support Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm a long-time MacOS power user who has decided to give Windows 10 a try for a number of reasons, one of them is that Apple has done a very poor job... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thepalumbo, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?

I'm a long-time MacOS power user who has decided to give Windows 10 a try for a number of reasons, one of them is that Apple has done a very poor job of putting out compelling hardware for the last couple of years.

I made good use of tags in MacOS, but I'm finding it difficult to work with tags in Windows 10, specifically because I feel like this small, but powerful organization feature is a few layers deep in the File Explorer. Any time I want to add a tag I need to navigate to the file, right-click it, select Properties, switch tabs, etc.

I'm trying to figure out how to do a couple things:

1. Is it possible to tag a file, photo, or whatever when you save it, specifically files downloaded from the Internet using Firefox. Or any browser for that matter.
    2. What's the easiest way to bulk tag a bunch of photos with multiple tags, for example "work", "project1", "team1"? I used to be able to do this with ease from both the MacOS Finder and command line using a tool installed from pip

There are a few more things on my tags wishlist, but these are the high priority ones for right now and any tips, tricks, or advice is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/thepalumbo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thepalumbo, Jan 1, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jan 1, 2020
  3. dannyb123 Win User
    Easiest way to roll out w10 to multiple NUCs for new office

Hello

As the title suggests, what is the easiest way to roll out Windows 10 to multiple desktop NUCs all with SSD's? My previous experience is only installing windows to single workstations. My first thought was to possibly create one install and then clone across to the other SSD's although im not sure if that is possible and/or the best solution?

Any advice much appreciated!

dannyb123, Jan 1, 2020
  4. xypha Win User

Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?

Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.

SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.

I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files? AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1

If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2

If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?

1. Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files? - Similar Threads - Fastest easiest tag

2. What is the easiest and fastest ways to clean up your file after a data transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the easiest and fastest ways to clean up your file after a data transfer?: I need a way to organise all the files on my old PC after a data transfer to a new PC. I have several Desktop files, and other duplicates, and not very much time to accomplish this. Thanks!...
  3. What is the easiest and fastest ways to clean up your file after a data transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the easiest and fastest ways to clean up your file after a data transfer?: I need a way to organise all the files on my old PC after a data transfer to a new PC. I have several Desktop files, and other duplicates, and not very much time to accomplish this. Thanks!...
  4. Fastest Way to reset old laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fastest Way to reset old laptop: Hi guys.I need to reset my laptop. It is a 5 - 6-year-old hp laptop with windows 11 version and an Intel i3 processor. Can you guys tell any efficient way to reset my laptop completely and thoroughly? I am currently thinking of doing a complete reset and deleting all files...
  5. Easiest way to combine multiple videos into one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to combine multiple videos into one?: I’m recording a cello duet tomorrow along with a speaking portion. What would be the simplest, quickest way to combine 2 or 3 videos into one? I’ll have to send off the video tomorrow and I have no idea where to start. submitted by /u/TheCheck77 [link] [comments]...
  6. Easiest way to reinstall window?

Easiest way to reinstall window?: Over the past few months my PC has had some really weird issues. I don't think these are an effect of a virus, I have run full scans using Windows defender, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and haven't found anything that could have caused these issues. Because of this I am...
  7. Is there a way to easily tag files?

Is there a way to easily tag files?: As a videographer, it is safe to say I have a shit ton of files. And putting them in folders is a good start, but it has it's limits. Most specifically when you want to use a certain clip for multiple projects. So I'm looking for a way to easily add tags to the files. The...
  8. Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled)

Fastest way to transfer files in local network (cabled): If I have two PC connected to the same router , what would be the fastest way to transfer files? SMB, FTP or should I simple use a cable to connect the two PC? submitted by /u/Skodd [link] [comments]...
  9. Easiest way to install windows 10 enterprise on multiple computers

Easiest way to install windows 10 enterprise on multiple computers: Hello. I am an IT intern at a library, we are just about to convert all the computer (20~ staff computers) to windows 10 enterprise from windows 7. Currently on my test laptop I have been forced to use the windows media creator tool to convert to win 10 then use an iso from...
  10. Easiest way to roll out w10 to multiple NUCs for new office

Easiest way to roll out w10 to multiple NUCs for new office: Hello As the title suggests, what is the easiest way to roll out Windows 10 to multiple desktop NUCs all with SSD's? My previous experience is only installing windows to single workstations. My first thought was to possibly create one install and then clone across to the...