Windows 10: FAT32 Format

Discus and support FAT32 Format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the FAT32 is not an option anymore and there's still tons of devices that only accept FAT32. How can I format memory card?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZachTharp, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ZachTharp Win User

FAT32 Format

Since the FAT32 is not an option anymore and there's still tons of devices that only accept FAT32. How can I format memory card?

:)

ZachTharp, Apr 3, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 3, 2020
  4. nora.e Win User

FAT32 Format

FAT32 formatting

I've got a hdd (Western Digital WD400 IDE) that has had windows xp on it. I'd like to reformat the drive to put windows 98 on it. It will not boot from the 98 os dics. I've tryed to reformat to FAT32 by installing it into the rig in my sys specs as a secondary drive and reformating it from "my computor". The only format it will offer me is NTFS. What needs to be done to reformat it to FAT32?

nora.e, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

FAT32 Format

1. FAT32 Format - Similar Threads - FAT32 Format

2. how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...: it says it needs to be formatted then when i push no it says: The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted....
  3. how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...: it says it needs to be formatted then when i push no it says: The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted....
  4. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10: Windows Feature Updates have been failing to complete on my Dell Inspiron laptop for almost two years. I get notifications to update and restart every day and I want to solve this problem. I was told by Windows support that a clean install of Windows was required, using a USB...
  5. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10: Windows Feature Updates have been failing to complete on my Dell Inspiron laptop for almost two years. I get notifications to update and restart every day and I want to solve this problem. I was told by Windows support that a clean install of Windows was required, using a USB...
  6. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

7. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  8. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  9. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

10. Why when i format my USB in NTFC and download my windows 10 , when i check its again FAT32...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when i format my USB in NTFC and download my windows 10 , when i check its again FAT32...: Why when i format my USB in NTFC and download my windows 10 , when i check its again FAT32 after downloading the windows? To be clear my windows is now windows 2012 r2 and i want to change it with that usb but as it seem it didnt work....