Windows 10: fat32

Discus and support fat32 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; is that a good format for a USB for downloading win10 media tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by timmaddox, Apr 10, 2019.

1. timmaddox Win User

fat32

is that a good format for a USB for downloading win10 media tool

:)

timmaddox, Apr 10, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 10, 2019
  4. fat32

what is the difference in fat32 and NTFS HDD formating???

NTFS is far superior when it comes to data safety, as when it comes to performance with large files. Just disconnect and connect a FAT32 USB drive a few times without using the remove button and then do the same to a NTFS drive. The FAT32 drive will be screwed while the NTFS drives requires a run of chkdsk at the most. I wouldn't safe anything I wish to keep on a FAT32 disk.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

fat32

1. fat32 - Similar Threads - fat32

2. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  3. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  4. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...: it says it needs to be formatted then when i push no it says: The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted....
  6. how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...

how can I read a USB drive formatted to fat32 for wii u games without formatting and...: it says it needs to be formatted then when i push no it says: The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted....
  7. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10: Windows Feature Updates have been failing to complete on my Dell Inspiron laptop for almost two years. I get notifications to update and restart every day and I want to solve this problem. I was told by Windows support that a clean install of Windows was required, using a USB...
  8. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10: Windows Feature Updates have been failing to complete on my Dell Inspiron laptop for almost two years. I get notifications to update and restart every day and I want to solve this problem. I was told by Windows support that a clean install of Windows was required, using a USB...
  9. Media Tool changes USB format from NTFS to Fat32 during clean install of Windows 10

10. too much for FAT32; not even close on NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much for FAT32; not even close on NTFS: I have a collection of files that I needed to copy onto a USB flash drive. The total size is almost 14 GB, so I thought that a 32 GB would be perfect. Given that this is a new drive, it was formatted in FAT32. There are two ISOs in the collection, as I want to have a current...