Windows 10: fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow

Discus and support fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a D drive disk fatal error. The D is my data with start up systems (windows 10) on an SSD C drive. the attempted to restart had Preparing to Fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mipa, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Mipa Win User

fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow

I had a D drive disk fatal error. The D is my data with start up systems (windows 10) on an SSD C drive. the attempted to restart had Preparing to Fix stuck for about 30 minutes. The second attempt to start was with shift key and it went into check disk. It progressed quickly to D: 50% then began clicking through files slowly (about 400 over the last 1:30). At this point I'm at 311700 in 613100) with the "Total; 17%; ETA; 6.30.00 and the time keeps crept up

... I am a newbie at systems work like this and I don't know exactly what the system notice is saying (above) or it's doing
    here in stage 1 or what to expect in time (if this is just the damaged sector bogging and the rest should go quicker?)
    ... what to expect in the next stages ? ... similar ?
    ... any thought on whether to grind this out or is there a better way to go about this ? .
    ... any help would be appreciated

:)

2. Mipa Win User

I had a D drive disk fatal error. The D is my data with start up systems (windows 10) on an SSD C drive. the attempted to restart had Preparing to Fix stuck for about 30 minutes. The second attempt to start was with shift key and it went into check disk. It progressed quickly to D: 50% then began clicking through files slowly (about 400 over the last 1:30). At this point I'm at 311700 in 613100) with the "Total; 17%; ETA; 6.30.00 and the time keeps crept up

... I am a newbie at systems work like this and I don't know exactly what the system notice is saying (above) or it's doing
    here in stage 1 or what to expect in time (if this is just the damaged sector bogging and the rest should go quicker?)
    ... what to expect in the next stages ? ... similar ?
    ... any thought on whether to grind this out or is there a better way to go about this ? .
    ... any help would be appreciated

3. RyanIqbal Win User
    Fixing (Dfatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow :) stage 1

I was using my computer one day and at first, the computer was suprisingly lagging and then the blue error and restart page popped up. After that was done, my computer shut off. I tried opening it and then the "fixing (Dfatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow :) stage 1 appeared.

I kind of panicked and i immediately pressed down the power button until it was shut down.

I opened the laptop again and the" fixing (Dfatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow :) stage 1 appeared again. I started to just wait until it finishes.

To be honest, I dont know if this was supposed to happen but this is the 2nd day that im waiting for it to finish.

Right now its at fixing (Dfatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow :) 91% (44897 of 49152) stage 1 total 30% eta: 74:36:00

So i just want to know

1. How long will it take?

2. Will all my files still be there?

3. What do i have to expect when its done

4. What will i have to do?

I hope nothing goes wrong

Please help me

RyanIqbal, Jan 24, 2021
  4. fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow

Fatal device hardware error in local disk D

Hi.

I have an Acer Acer Aspire laptop running windows 10.

My problem is I can't open my D drive or access the files on it because I am told I have a fatal device hardware error. For the same reason my windows defender can't run a scan on the D drive. Windows defender says my computer is protected and up to date.

To date, I have been backing up to my Seagate Hard drive. Everything was working fine until I accidentally removed my device from the USB port. My Seagate is not even showing up under my D drive now.

I have tried trouble shooting but get the same fatal error message.

When I go into settings, backup and more options I can't go any further. That was where I could usually see my Seagate to backup to.

At one stage I was told I had to reconnect my file history but when I try, the same error shows. Please help.

Phyl and RossWilson, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow - Similar Threads - fatal error drive

2. Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...: When turn on laptop, the Dell icon come up with a masage :” Fixing C: satge .... “and when it finish, i check my drive and saw that the D and E drives was disappeared. I checked Disk Manager but there are nothing bout them. What happened with my laptop ?...
  3. Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...: When turn on laptop, the Dell icon come up with a masage :” Fixing C: satge .... “and when it finish, i check my drive and saw that the D and E drives was disappeared. I checked Disk Manager but there are nothing bout them. What happened with my laptop ?...
  4. Lost D and E drives after Fixing C stage ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    fatal error on D drive rebooted and Fixing D: stage 1 going very slow: I had a D drive disk fatal error. The D is my data with start up systems (windows 10) on an SSD C drive. the attempted to restart had Preparing to Fix stuck for about 30 minutes. The second attempt to start was with shift key and it went into check disk. It progressed quickly...
  6. Stuck at fixing D: stage 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at fixing D: stage 2: Hi, I had the guy I purchased my computer from helping me download something on to my Pc to fix my laptop. Lol. In the meantime, i try to look on my storage D and it wont go in to it. Well, then my monitor quit working. This guy tells me I have the monitor connected in wrong...
  7. Fixing D: stage 1

Fixing D: stage 1: I was using my computer one day and at first, the computer was suprisingly lagging and then the blue error and restart page popped up. After that was done, my computer shut off. I tried opening it and then the "fixing D: stage 1 appeared. I kind of panicked and i...
  8. Stuck at Fixing D Stage 1

Stuck at Fixing D Stage 1: Hi I bought Hard SSD M.2 and put it in the computer . In addition to the old hard HDD it contains system and my files , I tried to recovery the system and all files from HDD to the SSD by Macrium Reflect program , when the recovery started the computer stopped suddenly ,...
  9. Fixing D: Stage 1

Fixing D: Stage 1: [IMG] Basically last night my laptop hang..and i dont want to wait because i need to go to work so i decided to force shut down by pressing the power button. When I turn it on back this problem occur...im quiet shock because the ETA is about 24hrs +++. So i wait until it...
  10. 1 game on D: Drive but very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 game on D: Drive but very slow: Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D: drive, it acts as though the memory is full-the game is good for about 5 minutes, then the FPS drops to, like, 0.5 frames a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing d stage slow