Windows 10: faulting amd software

Discus and support faulting amd software in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I opened event viewer to see why amd is not opening and got this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by amjadshaar, Apr 2, 2022.

1. faulting amd software

I opened event viewer to see why amd is not opening and got this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version: 2.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x60492275Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0000000000002f46Faulting process id: 0x1eecFaulting application start time: 0x01d846a9074119a1Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftwar

:)

amjadshaar, Apr 2, 2022

2. AMD Software

What is the make & model of your system?

From what you have given and the little research I did, this pertains to your situation:

Sign In to AMD Community - AMD Community

Essentially, you have an OLD chipset.

"NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver.
    Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

• Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
    • Reboot the system
    • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."

Shenan Stanley, Apr 2, 2022
  3. AMD Software

Hello Rose and other interested parties,

Just generally browsing this afternoon I found in Settings/System/Tablet Mode

AMD E-300 APU with Radeon (TM) Graphics 1.3 GHz., installed 19/9/2017. So it looks like this illusive software has been installed but it is not listed in installed updates nor in the computer programmes list. I am grateful for your advice and help. It now
    remains to be seen whether AMD software updates will completely install which is what started this problem

Many Thanks Malcolm

malcolmcutlan, Apr 2, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

faulting amd software

AMD Software

APU E-300 is a combination of central processing unit(CPU) and graphics accelerator unit(GPU) on a single chip. Since there was no problem with your graphics driver and you already have the recent update you may not install AMD software. To further assist
    you, we'd like to know if you have tried checking your Device Manager to check your Display adapters.

To check if your driver is installed in your computer, kindly follow these steps:

• Type Device Manager in your search bar Ask me anything at the left hand corner of your screen.
    • Expand Display adapters and check the APU E-300 driver if installed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 2, 2022
Thema:

faulting amd software

1. faulting amd software - Similar Threads - faulting amd software

2. Hp stream amd software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp stream amd software: Hello, I would like to know how can I enable the Directx 12 on my hp stream laptop. mine is showing disable and I'm not sure how to do it, and I'm not seeing an AMD Radeon Settings on my laptop so I can do so, I'm not sure if the AMD is the same thing as the Directx 12 but I...
  3. faulting amd software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    faulting amd software: I opened event viewer to see why amd is not opening and got this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version: 2.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x60492275Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  4. faulting amd software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    faulting amd software: I opened event viewer to see why amd is not opening and got this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version: 2.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x60492275Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  5. AMD drivers and software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD drivers and software: I installed Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows® and now I am having problems like, blue screen of death and problems booting up. What should I do?PC specs: Processor AMD A10-9620P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 20.0 GBsome info...
  6. AMD radeon software

AMD radeon software: Do I need the AMD radeon software if I dont have a radeon graphics card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-software/8bbc4d66-0ce7-4e2d-b4e4-63ffe55d80a9
  7. can not uninstall AMD software

can not uninstall AMD software: Can not uninstall AMD software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-uninstall-amd-software/e4aef901-2ef2-412a-98a7-ec8f4d81b31c
  8. AMD software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD software: AMD software was installed today. It seems legitimate but do I really need it? It takes up a lot of space. I've tried to read about it but everything I've read so far contains a lot of information and words I've never heard before....
  9. Software crashes on GPU's fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software crashes on GPU's fault: So, whenever I try to do sth minimaly complex, like pluging a node socket my software, Blender, crashes instantly. When I check for stats in my task manager, my GPU has just spiked. Idk whether my GPU causes the crashing or it tries (always so unsuccessfully) to save the...
  10. AMD Catalyst Software Suite (Software Update)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Catalyst Software Suite (Software Update): My AMD Catalyst Software Suite has a Software Update on my Laptop. The problem is, every time I try to install it, it says everything installed. I then head back to see what version I have, and its the same one as before. If I click on the software to install it again, it...