Windows 10: Faulting application name spoolsv.exe -The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly -...

Discus and support Faulting application name spoolsv.exe -The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly -... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Welcome to this mess! I upgraded a PC to Windows 10 Pro this week, and am unable to add printers due to apparent corruption of the Print Spooler.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HalButler, Feb 14, 2020.

1. HalButler Win User

Faulting application name spoolsv.exe -The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly -...

Welcome to this mess!

I upgraded a PC to Windows 10 Pro this week, and am unable to add printers due to apparent corruption of the Print Spooler. Event viewer showing the following Application and System errors.

I have performed the following to try to resolve

Ran the Printer Diagnostic tool

Changed Print Spooler Service recovery options

Deleted files from print spooler

Uninstalled all printers

Uninstalled all Printer software

Used the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter to uninstall items not shown in "Programs & Features"

Ran sfc.exe /scannow

Unplugged USB printer when plugged in the HP install program adds printer but installation "fails/hangs" - device is added but does not work

Ran Printer Diagnostic tool - no USB printer plugged in - doesnt detect network printer

Time to get help!!!

Application Event

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error

Date: 2/14/2020 9:27:50 AM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: 100

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: -PC

Description:

Faulting application name: spoolsv.exe, version: 10.0.18362.476, time stamp: 0x0c68a260

Faulting module name: csantprt.dll, version: 2009.0.1.1, time stamp: 0x4af9cdda

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000008d58

Faulting process id: 0x1a7c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e34b120ca1a1

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsv.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRTPROCS\x64\csantprt.dll

Report Id: 9adcc597-a13a-4166-bb70-b415a36f4112

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-14T15:27:50.847891600Z" />

<EventRecordID>5835</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>spoolsv.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.18362.476</Data>

<Data>0c68a260</Data>

<Data>csantprt.dll</Data>

<Data>2009.0.1.1</Data>

<Data>4af9cdda</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0000000000008d58</Data>

<Data>1a7c</Data>

<Data>01d5e34b120ca1a1</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsv.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRTPROCS\x64\csantprt.dll</Data>

<Data>9adcc597-a13a-4166-bb70-b415a36f4112</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

System Event

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 2/14/2020 9:32:05 AM

Event ID: 7031

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DavidBCox-PC

Description:

The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 376 times. The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7031</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-14T15:32:05.315335300Z" />

<EventRecordID>3199</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="888" ThreadID="9532" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DavidBCox-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">Print Spooler</Data>

<Data Name="param2">376</Data>

<Data Name="param3">5000</Data>

<Data Name="param4">1</Data>

<Data Name="param5">Restart the service</Data>

<Binary>530070006F006F006C00650072000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

HalButler, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Rich S_16 Win User

Print spooler shuts down, can no longer print from a Dell laptop running Windows 10.

Thank you for the rapid response.

Method 1 led back through the diagnostics, which determined that the "print Spooler service isn't running"

, as we knew. It then led to re-installing the printer and restarting the computer.

After the restart, the print spooler service still was not running.

After the computer was restarted, an attempt to manually start the spooler service resulted in

" Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. ERROR 1067. the process terminated unexpectedly."

METHOD 2: as advised, I checked the dependencies for the print spooler service.

Listed were: HTTP Service and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

The Remote Procedure Call was listed in the Services and was indicated to be running.

HTTP Service was NOT LISTED. Should it show up somewhere else, or is this the problem ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks.

Rich S

Rich S_16, Feb 14, 2020
  3. borgus Win User
    The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).
    There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borgus, Feb 14, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Faulting application name spoolsv.exe -The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly -...

Print Spooler Service Stopping

Drugged up on Pain Med's, exhausted from barely any sleep for four days and trying to type on a iPhnone. The USB driver and queue can end up stalling. Have you checked the print queue to see if there are jobs stalled or in the Print Spooler folder? Also grab the Process Explorer by Sysinternals from Microsoft.com. It will allow you to see the Sub Process, especially under the System process. See the following:

Clear Printer Spooler Files

• Click Start, type Services.msc in Search box or Click WIN+Q, type “Services.msc” in the open box.
    • Services can be found under Computer Management on older operation system (Windows XP)
    • Double-click Printer Spooler in the list.
    • Click Stop and click OK.
    • Open C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.

I cannot find the tutorial, this is a more extensive way to check Print spooler stopping automatically on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1 windowstricks.in

bro67, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Faulting application name spoolsv.exe -The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly -... - Similar Threads - Faulting application name

2. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  5. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly

Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly: Can start the service in services.msc but when it is required to do anything such as manage a printer, or try to add a printer, it will stop. Event ID 7034 - The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 times. I have checked the dependencies and...
  7. "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

"The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly": Hi, It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card. It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting extremely annoying. I asked both Creative and Gigabyte support for this, both don't care at all and just blame Microsoft....
  8. Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer: Hello, I am using windows 10 with Kaspersky installed on it. Whenever I am trying to run any installer, the exe doesn't load and I receive the following event in event logger: Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting...
  9. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...
  10. Print Spooler Service Stopping

Print Spooler Service Stopping: What can I do to keep the print spooler service from stopping all the time ? I have to restart it almost daily. Thanks in advance for assistance. 70050

Users found this page by searching for:

1. faulting application name spoolsv.exe version:10.0.18362.476

2. spoolsv.exe version: 10.0.18362.476

3. Faulting application name: spoolsv.exe