Windows 10: Faulty Broadcom Network card

Discus and support Faulty Broadcom Network card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HP laptop. Turns out that the broadcom wi fi card is faulty, this discussing with hp support. have gone down the usb route . The problem I have is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gordo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. gordo Win User

Faulty Broadcom Network card

HP laptop. Turns out that the broadcom wi fi card is faulty, this discussing with hp support. have gone down the usb route . The problem I have is uninstalling the old card or whatever form it takes. I uninstall/ or disable delete drivers , then every restart the ruddy thing is there again and windows 10 in is't wisdom connects to it again, then problems start. So have to go through it all again and again and again. Is there a way of ditching the dam thing to the great bin never to return.

Question related to this, now the usb wi fi keeps dropping connection could it be related to the above ?

I have tried searching but did not find post with the terms I used sorry if this a constant repeated request

:)

gordo, Sep 21, 2018

2. Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Broadcom Makes Final $121 Billion Offer for Qualcomm

If i was QCOM, i would politely suggest Broadcom to find something else to do.

dj-electric, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Faulty Broadcom Network card

Windows 10 hangs on startup by Broadcom 802.11n network adapter

Hello,

Do you have any third party security program installed on the computer?

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2:

Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

You may also refer the article below:

No wireless networks are available after you upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Faulty Broadcom Network card

1. Faulty Broadcom Network card - Similar Threads - Faulty Broadcom Network

2. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, which came with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for...
  3. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, which came with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for...
  4. Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.: I was having couple of problems with my pc which I had mentioned them all in my previous question that I had asked, can you please check that all, after that only try to answer my question, I will provide the link just below of this line. my previous question where I had...
  5. Windows 10 and Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter broadcom bcmwl63a chipset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter broadcom bcmwl63a chipset: Had issues with broadcom bcmwl63a on Windows 10 as reported with many people The issue was after a successful connection to my network that the connection dropped and was not since able to reconnect.. tried everything from reset to reinstall etc everything here:...
  6. problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter: Hey guys, when problem with problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter will be fixed??? I paid for windows 10, and now my PC cant use internet because u do updates, that destroy good device drivers!!! if problem not resolved soon! i will create actions against you!!! I...
  7. Faulty Network Icon

Faulty Network Icon: [ATTACH] Why does it show the FLIGHT MODE icon when it is actually connected to the internet, have been seeing this for a while by now.! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faulty-network-icon/ab806515-f68d-4f17-a669-5b4f21b2bdc7
  8. Broadcom 802.11 network card / Windows10 update 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broadcom 802.11 network card / Windows10 update 1809: This card is rendered unusable by the update to an HP 6475B laptop. Is there a new driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/broadcom-80211-network-card-windows10-update-1809/7e15d11e-1bae-47e9-8c67-5cd132b85f1f
  9. Broadcom network adapter 802.11n

Broadcom network adapter 802.11n: Hello I am not having network issues but, when I run Macrium Reflect it says, "Click here to update the network adapter." It seems to sense my network adapter is not adequate to use a network if I were to choose to do so. Is this an indication my Windows 10 Pro has a...
  10. Broadcom NetLink Ethernet card working intermittently.

Broadcom NetLink Ethernet card working intermittently.: Hi everyone, First off, I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their time and help with this issue. I recently upgraded to windows 10 on my desktop. I've run into a problem with my "Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet" card, basically the issue is that the internet...