Windows 10: Faulty cam

Discus and support Faulty cam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there so my camera is not working. I have tried what microsoft prescribed as it is a built-in cam. the methods worked once but now they do not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StragenTechwizard, May 25, 2020.

1. Faulty cam

Hello there so my camera is not working. I have tried what microsoft prescribed as it is a built-in cam. the methods worked once but now they do not. What can i do?

:)

StragenTechwizard, May 25, 2020

2. life cam hd3000

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Let’s try to update the cam driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below step:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Imaging Device”.

• Right click on the Cam device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

I would recommend you to go to the below provided link and download the latest updated cam driver and installed it in compatibility mode and let us know the status. Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    If the issue still persist, I would suggest you to wait for some time until Microsoft does not
    release the Microsoft life cam HD3000 driver.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 25, 2020
  3. Web cam on Skype

Hi Martha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you updated the drivers for the web cam?

Does this issue occur only on Skype?

I suggest you to install the attest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

To install the driver updates follow the below steps.

• Open run command window( Windows key + R) and type devmgmt.msc

• Right click on driver and select update driver software.

• If the driver updates are not available install it from manufacture website.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 25, 2020
  4. Faulty cam

web cam

Hi Douglas,

To assist you better with your issue in connecting to web cam, we suggest that you update its drivers by performing the steps on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Faulty cam

1. Faulty cam - Similar Threads - Faulty cam

2. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I troubleshoot/debug a built-in service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding the root cause of the issue which is preventing a service from starting.I know SCM is responsible for managing...
  3. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...
  4. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...
  5. Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password

Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password: I was able to solve this myself and posting here to hopefully help anyone else out because I didn't see this suggestion when I was searching.Windows 11 had decided it was demanding a PIN usually I use a fingerprint and was claiming my password was incorrect which it wasn't as...
  6. Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password: I was able to solve this myself and posting here to hopefully help anyone else out because I didn't see this suggestion when I was searching.Windows 11 had decided it was demanding a PIN usually I use a fingerprint and was claiming my password was incorrect which it wasn't as...
  7. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  8. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  9. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic

Audio driver wont record after plugging in faulty mic: I found my old microphone a few weeks ago. I tried to see if it still works or not but it wont record. I already tried checking in the Control Panel but nothing works. Any help?...