Windows 10: Faulty driver related BSOD

Discus and support Faulty driver related BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting a BSOD with multiple different messages. Sometimes the computer will run for 20 minutes, sometimes only 5 minutes before it crashes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaseyMoroney, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Faulty driver related BSOD

I am getting a BSOD with multiple different messages. Sometimes the computer will run for 20 minutes, sometimes only 5 minutes before it crashes and there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as I cannot replicate the issue consistently.

After hours of troubleshooting I have narrowed it down to a driver issue, but I cannot figure out which driver it is.No devices have a flag next to them in Device Manager, and it doesn't look like the crash dump analysis is able to determine which driver is causing the issue.

I'm just about reaching the extent of my Windows 10 knowledge here, any help would be appreciated!

I have attached the memory dump, crash dump, as well as system info. Thanks!

Crash dump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiLM1qjvSXsUjiA0FUXzJ4mdITZR?e=2kSvFu

Memory dump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiLM1qjvSXsUjh8tHjkKIn6-9f7Z?e=Hwvou6

System Info: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiLM1qjvSXsUjh59iOv8l72xaytP?e=dJEEi9

:)

CaseyMoroney, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Norton Win User

Faulty Driver BSOD

I found this little piece of software helpful:
    Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Captures and records BSOD info

Norton, Apr 11, 2020
  3. verifier shows all drivers as faulty

I have been getting BSOD for some time so I used verifier to find out the faulty driver(it was suggested to me in the community). It showed the faulty driver, I uninstalled it.

then after few days I again got a BSOD. So I performed the verifier again, it again showed some other driver as faulty, I removed it too but again I got the BSOD and again the verifier showed some driver as faulty. So I am wondering if I am doing things
    right. Please guide me, what should I do further.

TusharParasrampuria, Apr 11, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

Faulty driver related BSOD

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Faulty driver related BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Faulty driver related BSOD

1. Faulty driver related BSOD - Similar Threads - Faulty driver related

2. Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD: Hello Microsoft Community,I would like to know what is the best way to track faulty driver that's been causing my BSOD since June.I'm currently using WhoCrashed to know about these BSODs it does not reveal which driver/software is faulty.Also to note, I have just restarted my...
  3. Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD: Hello Microsoft Community,I would like to know what is the best way to track faulty driver that's been causing my BSOD since June.I'm currently using WhoCrashed to know about these BSODs it does not reveal which driver/software is faulty.Also to note, I have just restarted my...
  4. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  5. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  6. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Constant BSOD. Driver related

Constant BSOD. Driver related: Greetings, Lately I've been experiencing a lot of BSODs that are random. When googling the error code it was always driver related. I've uninstalled the GPU driver, realtek audio driver as well as the CPU/chipset driver. they're less frequent now but BSODs still occur. Can...
  8. BSOD and faulty Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and faulty Drivers: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZombieCharm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isqevu/bsod_and_faulty_drivers/
  9. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier: I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver...
  10. Driver related BSOD

Driver related BSOD: Was having a lot of BSODs on my computer, so I completely formatted and reinstalled windows 10 - not a few days into the fresh reinstall, the bsods started coming again. So today I had a random bsod, which named ndis.sys as the problem. I then ran driver verifier for a...