Windows 10: Faulty IP configuration settings

Discus and support Faulty IP configuration settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having problems with my internet connection. One of my computers is unable to go online. Whenever I web browse, I get this error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GabrielChan11, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Faulty IP configuration settings

I am having problems with my internet connection. One of my computers is unable to go online. Whenever I web browse, I get this error message

Faulty IP configuration settings f252fbe4-44aa-43b7-a999-9e3fb29928ce?upload=true.png

I checked the ipconfig results in the command prompt. Here's what I've found

Faulty IP configuration settings 7c1d4b19-44be-4dfc-98d4-49760e53eca9?upload=true.png

Now here are the ipconfig results of the same computer connected to the same wifi network when it did have stable internet access

Faulty IP configuration settings 9e34db0b-c147-41eb-ae0b-40477077b59c?upload=true.png

I also have a laptop connected to the same wifi network with internet access with similar ipconfig results. When I compare the two results, there are a few key differences. First, the stable ipconfig result has "home" under 'Connection-specific DNS Suffix' where as the faulty ipconfig result doesn't. Second, the entries for 'IPv4 address', 'Default Gateway' and 'DNS servers' of the two results are different. Finally, the stable ipconfig result has two entries under 'DNS Servers' where as the faulty ipconfig result has only one.

This leads me to believe that the network configuration settings are the cause for my issues with internet connection. I am wondering if there is a way to modify or reset these settings. I've tried using ipconfig and netsh commands and using the Network Reset under Settings but that hasn't worked. I also recently switched modems and networks so I'm wondering if it is possible for the faulty ipconfig settings to be the default settings of previous networks. Any help is greatly appreciated

:)

GabrielChan11, Apr 7, 2021

2. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

Hello,

Error as such may occur when either there is a faulty router, incorrectly assigned
    IP Address to the computer, or a faulty Network Interface Card that communicate to the router and function on the internet. To better assist
    you with your concern, We'd like to verify the following:

• How many devices have been affected?

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?

• How's your device connected to the Internet?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link to
    fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes after following the steps on the link provided.

Zedrick Del, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    No Valid IP Configuration?

Hi,

Based from your description, one thing is evident, the wireless adapter could be having an issue keeping the IP settings since you need to use
    ipconfig /release and ipconfig/renew every day to resolve your connection issue.

Aside from the commands: ipconfig /release and ipconfig/renew,
    one of the simplest ways to fix this issue is to use the netsh command. To do that, follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands one at a a time and hit Enter after each command:
      • netsh winsock reset
      • netsh int ip reset

We also strongly suggest setting your IP address and DNS servers to obtain automatically so the laptop will receive the same settings from the router. Check out this
    link for instructions on how to change the TCP/IP settings.

In addition, we recommend updating the driver for your laptop's wireless network adapter by following the procedures under the "To check for the latest drivers" section found on this
    article.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Faulty IP configuration settings

IP address cannot be configured no internet

Hello TERRIB1960,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you getting any error code while trying to connect to internet?

I would like to suggest you few simple steps on how to configure IP address on your PC, kindly follow the same.

Method 1: Open command prompt (right click on cmd, run as administrator) and run the below commands. These commands will fix the lack of dynamic IP address (DHCP).

• ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew

Method 2: Go through the article which talks about fixing the network connection issues in Windows
    Support article.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Faulty IP configuration settings

1. Faulty IP configuration settings - Similar Threads - Faulty configuration settings

2. Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set DNS Server in IP configuration: Hi all, I'm trying to manually set the IP configuration on my Windows 10 last build PC. When I fill the field "Preferred DNS", I'm getting an error "Can't save IP settings. Check one or more settings and try again". [ATTACH] I tried to configure the DNS address also in...
  3. No valid IP configuration

No valid IP configuration: and of course that release procedure fails on step 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-valid-ip-configuration/ed4044f4-c395-4058-85d8-37b5c1292248
  4. IP Configuration issue

IP Configuration issue: Network troubleshoot error cone up saying, “ethernet and wifi doesnt have valid ip confirguration. Most answers on the intert say do a ipconfig /release and renew. When i try a renew i get I've been trying all of the solutions I've found through google search and...
  5. invalid ip configuration

invalid ip configuration: So I was about to do something and I suddenly lost internet I look at the internet and it says no internet, unidentified network. So I preformed an troubleshoot and I saw this. I hope that I dont have any viruses, and that others are using this computer. Please fix. [ATTACH]...
  6. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later. - I have to use the Network Troubleshooter everytime i power on. This is what happened last time. [img] I tried with this disabled Turn...
  7. IP configuration

IP configuration: I have an invalid ethernet IP configuration How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-configuration/68dba2ae-b177-4474-8934-e933563f839c
  8. IP Configuration

IP Configuration: I installed latest Windows 10 update and now cannot connect via ethernet network. I get the message "Ethernet Does Not Have A Valid IP Configuration"! I have rebooted, restarted, reloaded drivers, spoke to ISP and all points to latest update - Can ANYONE help?...
  9. IP Configuration Conflicts

IP Configuration Conflicts: My wife's Desktop computer often looses network access due to IP configuration conflicts. The PC is a vintage 2010 HP running Windows 10 Pro (formerly running Windows 7 Pro). It's connected to the modem and wifi router via Ethernet as this machine does not have wifi and is...
  10. IP configuration problem

IP configuration problem: I have a Lenovo 110 Ideapad that uses windows 10. Occasionally my computer looses the Wi-Fi connection. Running troubleshooting function showed "no valid IP configuration". Eventually the connection is restored. Lenovo tech services said it is the router related. IP provided...