Windows 10: Faulty Mouse Behaviour

Discus and support Faulty Mouse Behaviour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have encountered a wierd issue, when i plug in my mouse to my laptop the windows turns buggy, i am unable to click some buttons or tabs close or open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard Samuel_011, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Faulty Mouse Behaviour

I have encountered a wierd issue, when i plug in my mouse to my laptop the windows turns buggy, i am unable to click some buttons or tabs close or open them.the problem gets fixed when i unplug the mouse and open task manager.I dont know whats the fix its hard to open task manager every time.

I don't know if its some registry issue.

:)

Richard Samuel_011, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Mouse behaviour

Hi,

Updated Windows usually requires an updated drivers. This issue that you're experiencing may be due to its compatibility to the system.

For us to isolate what's causing the issue, we suggest running the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices using the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security.
    • Under it, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Look for the options under Find and fix other problems then click
      Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Run the Troubleshooter tab.

It will usually provide a fix for the error that you've encountered. Otherwise, we suggest installing the latest driver for your mouse from your manufacturer's website.

Don't hesitate to update us with the result.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 30, 2020
  3. GChenel Win User
    Mouse behaviour

Thank you for your suggestions. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything wrong. Funny this is happening with both Logitech and Steel Series mice. I have the latest drivers for both these mice. In querying this within google it appears I'm
    not the only one. As I am running a 38 inch panorama display I need to scroll up and down constantly and I cannot put up with this issue any longer. Thanks for trying to help.

GChenel, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Faulty Mouse Behaviour

usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Faulty Mouse Behaviour

1. Faulty Mouse Behaviour - Similar Threads - Faulty Mouse Behaviour

2. Mysterious sudden mouse behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mysterious sudden mouse behaviour: So I've never seen or heard of this before. 1 day everything is fine for a long time. Then suddenly as of this morning my mouse does not respond to 99% of click, some applications it just doesn't click in like alt tabbing into a window, for left click only this is or what...
  3. Faulty Mouse and keyboard

Faulty Mouse and keyboard: My mouse has begun to freeze at random points on the day. Its getting extremely annoying and I've done everything I can to fix it. Replaced the mouse. Replaced the screen. Cleaned the tower... and even.... replaced the tower??????????????? Replaced the key board.......
  4. Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour

Bizarre wireless mouse behaviour: In decades of using a Windows PC this is the weirdest behaviour I can ever recall. My wireless mouse cursor remains motionless when I use it in its normal position, on the right of my Logitech wireless keyboard. Regardless of surface and with fresh batteries in both the...
  5. Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...: Every now and then I get the noise that something has been 'plugged in' I guess, after several instances of this happening, my keyboard and mouse (both USB) completely turn off robbing me of any kind of input on my PC forcing me to shut down manually. It's worth noting I...
  6. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour: I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro. It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc. I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it...
  7. Faulty Microsoft Modern Mouse

Faulty Microsoft Modern Mouse: Hey all, I have a Microsoft "Modern Mouse" that's double click has become faulty. Trying to get thru to the Warranty Claim department is near impossible - you're transferred around, on hold forever, or hung up on! The item is under warranty - any suggestions how you...
  8. Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty?: I've been having problems with my laptop in recent weeks and I've been coming to the Community for help. It occurs to me that some of the problems might be caused by my mouse. It's a Microsoft mouse with clickers on both sides and a roller ball in the middle. (I don't know...
  9. HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10

HID MOUSE USB behaviour on WIN10: I am trying to build my own mouse using old parts just for fun. I am more of a hardware guy. Where can I get more in-depth information about how the USB protocol works for HIDs on WIN10? More specifically, does the Mouse/Keyboard should always go to 'Suspend Mode' after a...
  10. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651