Windows 10: faulty radeon software

Discus and support faulty radeon software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The amd software is not opening and whenever i open it crashes and closes in the background.I checked event viewer and found this error:Faulting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maho, May 5, 2022.

1. Maho Win User

faulty radeon software

The amd software is not opening and whenever i open it crashes and closes in the background.I checked event viewer and found this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version: 2.2.8.0, time stamp: 0x5f32b21fException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0000000000005c98Faulting process id: 0x1380Faulting application start time: 0x01d86077e0081de7Faulting application&nb

:)

Maho, May 5, 2022
  2. eggsalad Win User

Radeon Software incompatible with laptop drivers

I originally posted this on the AMD Forums but was told that I would get a better answer here.

Currently, every week, sometimes twice a week, AMD Software will become out of date all of a sudden due to what I believe is a background windows update, and I will end up having to reinstall the same update, despite being already up to date. This has been happening for at least a month

Another side to this problem is that running windows update will cause "Advanced Micro Devices" updates. After trying to install these updates I get this error message from trying to open Radeon Software. Following the URL, I followed all the steps to disable updates from hardware, but it does not improve my situation.

faulty radeon software [​IMG]

I am currently under the impression that
    1. windows installs update in the background
    2. Radeon software becomes incompatible
    3. reinstalling Radeon software uninstalls micro devices update
    4. windows attempts to reinstall micro devices update
    5. repeat

I could very well be wrong though, this is just what I am noticing from me constantly reinstalling the software.

Laptop in question:
    IdeaPad Flex 5 14ALC05
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700U
    Windows 10 (OS Build 19043.1151)

I was told that Windows is installing the UWP drivers supplied by the laptop maker or their WHQL drivers, and the drivers from AMD are generic drivers and may not support the specific functions/features the laptop maker may have included.

I would also like to note my main reason for installing this software is because the first time installing it, it wiped my secondary monitor's driver, making it low resolution. Radeon Software has an option to force a resolution which is why I've been using it. However, if I could somehow get the driver back I would 100% just give up on Radeon Software as that's the only purpose it served.

eggsalad, May 5, 2022
  3. The Mac Win User
    Radeon Software Crimson 16.7.2

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 Highlights
    • The "compatibility mode" UI toggle was designed to reduce total power with minimal performance impact on AMD Radeon™ RX480 reference boards and has been made available to users in the Global Settings menu of Radeon Settings (first introduced in the previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.1 driver). This toggle is in "off" by default.
    Fixed Issues
    • In the previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.1 driver the "Restore Factory Defaults" option under Preferences of Radeon Settings Software would not set the "Compatibility Mode" UI toggle to its default "OFF" value. This is fixed in the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 driver. The "Restore Factory Defaults" options resets all Radeon Settings to their factory default values.
    Known Issues
    • A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
    • Radeon™ Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
    • DiRT™ Rally may experience flickering terrain in some races when the advanced blending option is enabled in the games settings page.
    • Some Overdrive settings may not appear in Radeon Settings for Radeon™ Fury X when in AMD Crossfire mode.
    • Dota™2 may crash when using the Vulkan™ API and the user changes resolutions or quality settings.
    • Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
    • Need for Speed™ may experience flickering on some light sources in AMD Crossfire mode.
    • Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
    • Radeon Wattman may retain settings of an overclock after it has failed. If you have failed an overclock with a system hang or reboot make sure to use the "Reset" option in the Radeon WattMan settings page when the system has rebooted.
    • Low frame rate or stutter may be experienced Wolfenstein®: The Old Blood™ on Radeon™ RX 480.
    • Assassin's Creed® Syndicate may experience a game crash or hang when in game settings are set to high or greater.
    • Disabling AMD Crossfire mode on Radeon™ RX 480 may disable the device in Windows® Device Manager. A workaround is to reboot the system to re-enable the device.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 installation package contains the following:
    • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 Driver Version 16.20.1035.1001.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...are-Crimson-Edition-16.7.2-Release-Notes.aspx

The Mac, May 5, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

faulty radeon software

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 5, 2022
Thema:

faulty radeon software

1. faulty radeon software - Similar Threads - faulty radeon software

2. faulty radeon software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    faulty radeon software: The amd software is not opening and whenever i open it crashes and closes in the background.I checked event viewer and found this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version:...
  3. faulty radeon software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    faulty radeon software: The amd software is not opening and whenever i open it crashes and closes in the background.I checked event viewer and found this error:Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edbFaulting module name: OpenCL.dll, version:...
  4. Unistalling Radeon Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unistalling Radeon Software: I have unistall the radeon software in my laptop just now. Upon reading that we should just disable it and not unistalled it. I’m afraid that uninstalling it will result to poor and bad effect in using my laptop. Any recommendations? or how can I install it again? What are...
  5. AMD radeon software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD radeon software: Do I need the AMD radeon software if I dont have a radeon graphics card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-software/8bbc4d66-0ce7-4e2d-b4e4-63ffe55d80a9
  6. Video and Radeon software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video and Radeon software: See, whenever I try to play videos, the entire browser crashes, on ANY browser I try it on. I set my Laptop to UHD, via Radeon Settings, and now Radeon Settings won't work! HELP! [ATTACH]...
  7. Radeon Software Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Radeon Software Update: I keep getting a pop-up literally every ten seconds that Radeon Software has an update available. I don't really understand what Radeon is but from what I can tell I shouldn't uninstall it, but this pop-up is very annoying. I've tried updating the thing, but my options for...
  8. Faulty Lenovo Software Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Faulty Lenovo Software Update: I got a notification to update my Lenovo Ideapad 320 Laptop so I proceeded and I returned to my laptop with this notification. I turned off my laptop and now it won’t turn on and is not showing any sign of life. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks. [IMG]...
  9. Radeon software update popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Radeon software update popup: I keep getting a notification pop up every 10 seconds that says a general software update is available. When I click on it, the popup disappears and nothing opens, so I can't update, nor can I keep the popup from coming back. HELP!!!...
  10. New Radeon Software

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Radeon Software: Release due December... 99278