Windows 10: Faulty USB device previously now won't accept usb printer

Discus and support Faulty USB device previously now won't accept usb printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use normal printer in usual usb port. Message reads usb device not recognised. Last device connected to this device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianCaccianiga, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Faulty USB device previously now won't accept usb printer

Hi,

I'm trying to use normal printer in usual usb port.

Message reads usb device not recognised. Last device connected to this device malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it

Now Windows doesn't recognize my printer??

Any ideas please

:)

BrianCaccianiga, Mar 25, 2019

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile Faulty USB device previously now won't accept usb printer :)

zarathustra2012, Mar 25, 2019
  3. list of previously connected USB devices

How can I see the list of previously connected USB devices on my computer via MS-DOS?

KamaleshBiswas, Mar 25, 2019
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Faulty USB device previously now won't accept usb printer

USB 2.0 printer won't work in Win 10/USB 3.0

A couple more suggestions:
    First, check to see if your motherboard manufacturer has a newer USB controller driver to install. If so, install it.

Second, try reinstalling all the USB devices:
    Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right click on each device listed underneath and choose Uninstall (you could leave anything related to USB 3.0 alone) > after you've cleared the list, restart Windows and they will all be reinstalled again.

See if the printer will work after either of those.

Also: unplug the USB cable to that printer before doing any procedures, then plug it in after Windows is back up running.

Thema:

Faulty USB device previously now won't accept usb printer

1. Faulty USB device previously now won't accept usb printer - Similar Threads - Faulty USB device

2. Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device: This morning I turned on my computer and it suddenly found or recognized my USB Connected HP Officejet 5255 -something it had not done in weeks, preventing both printing and reinstall of the HP software....so having found the printer, I gave win 10 another go at installing...
  3. Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device: This morning I turned on my computer and it suddenly found or recognized my USB Connected HP Officejet 5255 -something it had not done in weeks, preventing both printing and reinstall of the HP software....so having found the printer, I gave win 10 another go at installing...
  4. Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. usb device as printer

usb device as printer: I am trying to connect an usb device zebra zp505 as printer. Windows printer addition can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-as-printer/901e6373-d460-4478-9df5-454fd7c7d03f
  6. USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,

USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,: Ive tried installing and uninstalling the driver many times, downloaded the most current from the manufacture but it does not work. Just trying to get my Wide format Printer to work . Any help would be appreciated. [IMG]...
  7. USB Printer

USB Printer: We have two usb printers connected DTC1250E and DCP 132W As long as they are connected in that order . Then we can set the DCP132W to the default printer and the muster report runs to it . ie right click on a note pad file and it prints to the DC)132W We can log off and...
  8. USB port, faulty maybe??

USB port, faulty maybe??: I have recently brought a new HB pavilion, I had to use a external hard drive to get all my pictures from my last machine onto this one. Trouble is it wont play ball, it just goes bonkers connecting and disconnecting rabidly. The hard drive is the only place these pictures...
  9. usb port faulty???

usb port faulty???: my usb port on my windows 10 cannot detect the hard disk i plug in. the usb port seems faulty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-port-faulty/5e05e936-3417-426e-b107-3a80724b36fd
  10. USB 2.0 printer won't work in Win 10/USB 3.0

USB 2.0 printer won't work in Win 10/USB 3.0: For a couple of years I've been happily running a Seiko SLP 650 label printer with a USB 2.0 connection to my Win 10 USB 3.0 machine (maybe it's USB 3.1) and after the last update the printer will no longer work. The error message I get says something like 2.0 will not run in...