Windows 10: Faulty VRAM 970, is there any ways to fix it (even if hard/tedious)?

Discus and support Faulty VRAM 970, is there any ways to fix it (even if hard/tedious)? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys! I was looking for some resources on fixing my 970, since it is slightly broken, or maybe it is super major... It still boots, but the symptoms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by technodos, May 26, 2018.

1. technodos Win User

Faulty VRAM 970, is there any ways to fix it (even if hard/tedious)?

Hi guys! I was looking for some resources on fixing my 970, since it is slightly broken, or maybe it is super major... It still boots, but the symptoms it has are these:

-When inside any computer, it bumps up the time it takes to boot to anywhere between 200 seconds to 450.
    - It makes the computer crash when woken from sleep mode.
    - In Rocket League, it ran out of VRAM and exited the game even though Rocket League is a very light and versatile game that would never, ever cause this on a 970. When I ran Time Spy Extreme on 3DMark, it didn't flinch and did not run out of VRAM (super intensive).
    - The first symptom was when I started the computer and it crashed, I went to look over and the screen had artifacts symptomatic of VRAM corruption on the screen. (I only looked at a few guides so I may be wrong)

I checked temps, they check out, it has never reached any dangerous temperature in its very short life. I used it for games like these

I was sold the computer as brand new by ASUS, unfortunately I got it in 2015 so their customer service laughed me off.
    I've never touched the card until when I took it out, and the damage was done long before that by someone else.

Here are pics of what I noticed, or other people told me:

Artifacting that only happened once, the pc was hanging, and I was told it was VRAM related
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...501_225842.jpg

Rizer card has been repaired before
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...504_145012.jpg

Nicks next to a screw
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...504_145144.jpg

Scrunched up looking bumps
    My friends told me this was probably a terrible repair
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/287695558737395712/444300733714530304/20180504_145603.jpg

I am probably sorely wrong on some of this stuff, sorry if I am! Please point it out, I really want to learn from any mistakes.

Here is an additional thing, just a funny I made about my PC since the 970 died.

Would anyone here have any ideas aside from putting my card in an oven of how I might be able to repair the VRAM or what other possible culprits may be to my card being screwy and suddenly getting very sick? Even if it is very hard or very tedious, I would love to bring the card back to life, it may seem dumb but it has a lot of sentimental value to me.

If I can't and it is literally not possible, would it be unwise to give it to anyone for free? I know that is a matter of opinion but I would appreciate it anyway, I am not good at this stuff.

Thank you for reading anyone and I hope you all have a fantastic day.
    Also, sorry if I did anything wrong formatting or writing, I looked for how to make it but couldnt find anything.

:)

technodos, May 26, 2018

2. want to increase dedicated VRAM of my laptop.....

Thanks for replying....

But I dont see any option for increasing the VRAM in BIOS of my system.....

Is there another way to do that.....

mehlamhussain, May 29, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    RAM to VRAM?

Hi Joe,

To change/adjust your RAM and VRAM, we suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer, to get assistance from their experts on how do so.

Regards.

John Sarc, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Faulty VRAM 970, is there any ways to fix it (even if hard/tedious)?

1. Faulty VRAM 970, is there any ways to fix it (even if hard/tedious)? - Similar Threads - Faulty VRAM 970

2. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix this?: The websites i´m on keep reloading itself and if i´m watching something the video/episode/movie starts at the beginning. This happens a lot and its very irritating, is there any way to fix this. I have used chrome for many years and this is the first time witnessing this. I...
  3. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: The websites i´m on keep reloading itself and if i´m watching something the video/episode/movie starts at the beginning. This happens a lot and its very irritating, is there any way to fix this. I have used chrome for many years and this is the first time witnessing this. I...
  4. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  5. Is there any way to fix this?

Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  6. VRAM Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VRAM Fix: How do i increase my VRAM on a Lenovo IdeaPad - S340 without buying anything new i can't seem to change it in the BIOS setup. Can you help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vram-fix/13aa396e-30dc-4bcf-b603-4bf5c0b049a6
  7. VRAM Fix

VRAM Fix: How do i increase my VRAM on a Lenovo IdeaPad - S340 without buying anything new i can't seem to change it in the BIOS setup. Can you help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vram-fix/13aa396e-30dc-4bcf-b603-4bf5c0b049a6
  8. VRAM Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Is there any way to fix this?.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to fix this?.: So basically when i download i usually do 10mbs, but when i download now its 200kbs and when i do a diagnostic it says The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken. And it says this to fix it....
  10. Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there any way to check if a mouse is faulty?: I've been having problems with my laptop in recent weeks and I've been coming to the Community for help. It occurs to me that some of the problems might be caused by my mouse. It's a Microsoft mouse with clickers on both sides and a roller ball in the middle. (I don't know...