Windows 10: Faulty Windows 10 DVD

Discus and support Faulty Windows 10 DVD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Due to Windows 7 coming to the end of support by Microsoft I decided it was time to upgrade my self-built Desktop PC to Windows 10. I purchased the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnMcKenna1, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Faulty Windows 10 DVD

Due to Windows 7 coming to the end of support by Microsoft I decided it was time to upgrade my self-built Desktop PC to Windows 10. I purchased the new Operating System on DVD from Currys/PC Word on the 10th Jan, 2020.

I installed windows 10 onto my PC which which previously had Windows 7 installed and had run perfectly for the past 8 years.

All seemed to go well with the installation, but when the PC went to sleep, it would not wake-up again by either Keyboard or mouse. Also, on the odd occasion when it did wake-up, all the desktop Icons were missing, and if I tried to open a Program, it would open as indicated by the Taskbar, but the Program could not be viewed as it was hidden behind the desktop image default: figure running on Beach.

I tried to re-install Windows 10 once again, thinking it was just a glitch with the installation process, but the same thing happened again.

I thought that maybe as my PC was getting on for 10 years old, it was not compatible with Windows 10, so I decided it was time to upgrade my system with a new Motherboard/Processor and Memory.

Having rebuilt my PC and installing 10 again, I find I have exactly the same problems as before, therefore I conclude the Windows DVD must be faulty.

:)

JohnMcKenna1, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Faulty Windows 10 DVD

windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Faulty Windows 10 DVD

1. Faulty Windows 10 DVD - Similar Threads - Faulty DVD

2. I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....: I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe. How to retrieve back anything i stored in My Winlocker when i connect that hardisk to another windows today?...
  3. I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe....: I have mywinlocer in my windows 7 bought in 2009. The laptop faulty, but the hardisk safe. How to retrieve back anything i stored in My Winlocker when i connect that hardisk to another windows today?...
  4. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I troubleshoot/debug a built-in service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding the root cause of the issue which is preventing a service from starting.I know SCM is responsible for managing...
  5. How to debug faulty service in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...
  6. How to debug faulty service in Windows

How to debug faulty service in Windows: How should I debug a service that won't start on Windows OS.I'm not interested in fixing the issue. What I'm looking for is how to finding root cause of the issue preventing a service from starting.Edit: service is "WinRM"...
  7. Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password

Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password: I was able to solve this myself and posting here to hopefully help anyone else out because I didn't see this suggestion when I was searching.Windows 11 had decided it was demanding a PIN usually I use a fingerprint and was claiming my password was incorrect which it wasn't as...
  8. Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password: I was able to solve this myself and posting here to hopefully help anyone else out because I didn't see this suggestion when I was searching.Windows 11 had decided it was demanding a PIN usually I use a fingerprint and was claiming my password was incorrect which it wasn't as...
  9. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  10. Faulty install dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Faulty install dvd: Every single time when I have to reinstall Win10 or install it to another PC intel or amd, doesn't matter I have to manage the very same problem with the OS. So it's not a hardware problem but the installation dvd problem. How to get a new one? Obviously I don't want to buy a...