Windows 10: Faulty wireless adapter

Discus and support Faulty wireless adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a integrated wifi adapter on my Asus V Rampage Extreme mobo. Recently after switching from a 25mbps to 300mbps internet connection, after 3 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xazur, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Xazur Win User

Faulty wireless adapter

I have a integrated wifi adapter on my Asus V Rampage Extreme mobo. Recently after switching from a 25mbps to 300mbps internet connection, after 3 days on the new connection my wifi for my pc stopped working (not sure if this had anything to do with it, but these where the latest events). The wireless network is not listed on my Network settings but on my Device Manager, my wifi adapter still appears and shows an error. Upon closer look it says:

Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling/updating drivers and nothing worked and I tried all the options listed on the internet upon googling the issue. My last resort was to reformat my computer by resetting my pc thru recovery, still didn't work. So I wiped my entire drive and reinstalled windows and still nothing. So if even going this far and it still doesn't work, is this a hardware issue? Should I just forget about trying to fix this and just buy a external wifi usb adapter?

:)

Xazur, Jun 16, 2019

2. Faulty Wireless Card?

Try 10.0.0.251 jsfitz54 listed. It's supported.

SimpleTECH, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Faulty wireless adapter

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Faulty wireless adapter

1. Faulty wireless adapter - Similar Threads - Faulty wireless adapter

2. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for everyone in the...
  3. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for everyone in the...
  4. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, which came with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for...
  6. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, which came with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for...
  7. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Faulty Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Display Adapter: Hi, name is Alejandro Gomez.I've been having problems for the last 2 or so months with my display going black, but still running. And working fine if I plug it into an TV.This first happened when I was running an game, within 10 or so minutes of running it with Intel R...
  9. Faulty Display Adapter

Faulty Display Adapter: Hi, name is Alejandro Gomez.I've been having problems for the last 2 or so months with my display going black, but still running. And working fine if I plug it into an TV.This first happened when I was running an game, within 10 or so minutes of running it with Intel R...
  10. AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?: Hi there! Well, after what it seem to be like my triumph against sudden reboots (probably I just needed to fasten some screws to get all in order) I have a little doubt, since always, I noticed that my laptop battery tends to "discharge" when I do extensive tasks, name it...