Windows 10: Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing

Discus and support Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I’m reposting this issue again, as responsesceased in my previous posting. I haverecently switched to Edge, but I keep losing the website icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryReagan, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing

Hello. I’m reposting this issue again, as responsesceased in my previous posting. I haverecently switched to Edge, but I keep losing the website icons on the websitetiles pinned to the start screen. Some research has revealed that the website iconsare not stored in Edge or on my PC, but on the websites themselves. So thissuggests to me that when the icons on the tiles vanish, it might be becausethey are no longer being accessed from the websites. Does this make sense? Ifthis is the case, is there a way to prevent the loss of that connection and retain the icons on the tiles?

-Windows 10 Version 21H1, build 19043.899

- PC isDell Inspiron 27 7775

- Edgeversion is 89.0.774.63

No icons:

Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing 1a60347c-37b9-4f61-98e0-7d11e9bef756?upload=true.jpg

:)

TerryReagan, Apr 7, 2021
  2. EvangelDr Win User

Pinned website on the start screen not showing up

Hello.

I have pinned a website to the start screen of my Windows 10 PC (Anniversary Update) but it is not showing up. It initially did appear when I pinned it, but when it was moved to the location I wanted it at, it just disappeared never to be seen again. Then
    I tried again to pin the website but that yielded no returns. I looked all over just incase but nothing. I was having issues with Onenote and Translator live tiles also disappearing when moving them around but since they appeared on the App List, I was able
    to repin them until they finally stuck around on the start screen.

Not sure if this is a known issue, but any help would be appreciated!

EvangelDr, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Pinned Websites of Edge are color inversed

Hello Microsoft Community.

I have a strange behaviour when I pin web sites on my start screen : Most of them have they colour inversed

Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing 9d23b96d-83bc-4f46-89f4-72c8905c9945.jpg

As you see on the picture above, some tiles like Discord and all google website are colour inversed ; but some other are normal, like Feedly, DeviantArt and 9gag, the Gardian (I think the tile don't rely on the favicon of the website for this one) and some
    french website.

All favicon are absolutely correct on the website itself on Edge (of course youtube favicon is not blue).

It seems to rely on the tile size or the favicon size, as all website that give 32px² favicon or more seems ok, but not all 16 px² favicon have the colours inversed. Could it be related to the file format of the favicon?

Thanks in advance, and I can give more information or answer question if any.

Regards,

Thoscellen, Apr 7, 2021
  4. HaakLong Win User

Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing

Pinning websites on Internet Explorer 11 Mobile

For some reason pinning websites is inconsistent with desktop favicons and functionality, for example on my Cell.-Phone when I pin for example Lumiaconversations.microsoft.com (formerly conversations.nokia.com) to my start-screen it shows a live tile with
    a favicon, but if I'd pin Lumiaconversationsuk.microsoft.com (also known as NokNok.TV) it's unable to become either a large size tile or shows a favicon on its smallest.

Here's an example bellow:

Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing 659d645b-5f86-4834-9b19-c11a939d208c.png

The favicon shown on the live tile is the old Nokia favicon, meanwhile when I open it on my Win32 Internet Explorer 11 browser it shows the Microsoft logo, more peculiar even...

Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing 3e7af927-d652-4669-89ff-06943e04c253.png

This is an actual NOKIA favicon, meanwhile there are 2 desktop favicons, one is the old Symbian/MeeGo logo (designed by Peter Skillman), while the other logo is the official Microsoft logo, not that this is
    www dot microsoftf dot com /en/mobile not any Nokia site. ¿Is there any reason for these inconsistencies? Don't get me wrong I've still pinned both sites on my start-screen, but there seems
    to be so many inconsistencies in how websites work on Internet Explorer 11 and Internet Explorer 11 Mobile (which I don't know is a subdivision of Internet Explorer 11 or Internet Explorer Mobile, but that's not important here).

HaakLong, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing

1. Favicons on website tiles pinned to start screen keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Favicons website tiles

2. App favicons disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App favicons disappeared: I had to at least try to do a System Restore on my Windows 11 upgraded from W10 laptop. I found that many of my apps' favicons had vanished. When I right-click on the Apps List entry, all I see is an "Unpin from Start" command and nothing else that is, no "Run as...
  3. App favicons disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App favicons disappeared: I had to at least try to do a System Restore on my Windows 11 upgraded from W10 laptop. I found that many of my apps' favicons had vanished. When I right-click on the Apps List entry, all I see is an "Unpin from Start" command and nothing else that is, no "Run as...
  4. Pinned program tile on start screen disappeared when updating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned program tile on start screen disappeared when updating.: I have windows 10. I had a program tile on my start screen. The program did an update and the tile disappeared. The program also disappeared in the programs listing. It still shows in the control panel as on my computer. I need to pin it back to start screen to use but the...
  5. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  6. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  7. Tiles on Start screen

Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  8. start screen (with tiles on it)

start screen (with tiles on it): My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  9. tile names/pin to start

tile names/pin to start: In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in...
  10. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...