Windows 10: Favorite app

Discus and support Favorite app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get a Favorite app on my screen without having to go to open Microsoft edge to open Favorite's ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob Delfino, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Favorite app

How do I get a Favorite app on my screen without having to go to open Microsoft edge to open Favorite's ?

:)

Bob Delfino, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Darshan J Win User

Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Sep 11, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 11, 2020
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Favorite app

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Favorite app

1. Favorite app - Similar Threads - Favorite app

2. Windows 11 weather app only allows 10 favorites. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 weather app only allows 10 favorites. Why?: Prior to a recent update to Windows 11, the weather app allowed many more than 10 favorites. I have 22 locations that I was able to monitor untill updating to Windows 11. Now they have been reduced to 10, I can enter the 22, but when I reopen the app, only 10 appear. Is this...
  3. Windows 11 weather app only allows 10 favorites. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 weather app only allows 10 favorites. Why?: Prior to a recent update to Windows 11, the weather app allowed many more than 10 favorites. I have 22 locations that I was able to monitor untill updating to Windows 11. Now they have been reduced to 10, I can enter the 22, but when I reopen the app, only 10 appear. Is this...
  4. Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places: The latest Weather App upgrades deleted over half of my Favorites Locations Places. What is the maximum number of favorites one can have?How can you rearrange the order of favorites? Click and drag would be a big improvement!Thanks!...
  5. Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places

Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places: The latest Weather App upgrades deleted over half of my Favorites Locations Places. What is the maximum number of favorites one can have?How can you rearrange the order of favorites? Click and drag would be a big improvement!Thanks!...
  6. I am not able to add a picture as favorite in Photos app. The heart icon is not active. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to add a picture as favorite in Photos app. The heart icon is not active. How...: I am not able to add a picture as favorite in Photos app. The heart icon is not active. How to correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-add-a-picture-as-favorite-in/8e3f6687-34f9-43af-88b6-fb4078f86786
  7. I am not able to add a picture as favorite in Photos app. The heart icon is not active. How...

I am not able to add a picture as favorite in Photos app. The heart icon is not active. How...: I am not able to add a picture as favorite in Photos app. The heart icon is not active. How to correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-add-a-picture-as-favorite-in/8e3f6687-34f9-43af-88b6-fb4078f86786
  8. It looks like a total loss of all my Files, Short-Cuts, Apps, Favorites, Open-Website-Tabs...

It looks like a total loss of all my Files, Short-Cuts, Apps, Favorites, Open-Website-Tabs...: I, left my computer in sleep-mode over-night...Then the next morning, when I went to log in. I noticed that my original background on my computer had changed, and when I logged in to my windows screen. There was short-cuts, and other items that were placed on the page that...
  9. It looks like a total loss of all my Files, Short-Cuts, Apps, Favorites, Open-Website-Tabs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like a total loss of all my Files, Short-Cuts, Apps, Favorites, Open-Website-Tabs...: I, left my computer in sleep-mode over-night...Then the next morning, when I went to log in. I noticed that my original background on my computer had changed, and when I logged in to my windows screen. There was short-cuts, and other items that were placed on the page that...
  10. Scroll runs, app toggle doesn't work, and can't add sites to Favorites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll runs, app toggle doesn't work, and can't add sites to Favorites: When trying to scroll by line in a doc, scroll runs when I touch it. The app toggle for stopping facebook from appearing everytime computer is turned on doesn't work. And adding a site to Favorites doesn't work....