Windows 10: Favorite bar icons changed save order after TH2 update - Help

Discus and support Favorite bar icons changed save order after TH2 update - Help in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Win10 x64 with IE11, and after the latest major update(TH2) immediately I noticed that whenever I save anything in “fav bar” it now saves and the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craige, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Craige Win User

Favorite bar icons changed save order after TH2 update - Help

Using Win10 x64 with IE11, and after the latest major update(TH2) immediately I noticed that whenever I save anything in “fav bar” it now saves and the icon appears from left-hand side… Earlier any saves I did the icons started from right-side/far end side of the fav. bar.

So, is there a way I can revert so tht new saved icons get saved on right-side of the bar?

:)

Craige, Dec 2, 2015

2. Tabs

Hi and Welcome!

Are you using Microsoft Edge? Or Internet Explorer 11?

If you are using Microsoft Edge, then the order of the Favorites Bar needs to be customized within the Favorites menu found from the top left "three lined" icon. Select Favorites, then Favorites bar and change the order there.

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Edge and Favorites Bar

Hi--

This has been a problem for me for a while, and I'm glad I found this thread.

I had no luck with right-clicking anything.

What I did was just open a website on my favorites bar, saved it again as a favorite, and when it asked for the name, which at this point can be completely changed, I just added a shorter name-- initials, or a small keyword. I then chose "Favorites Bar"
    to save the website again with the icon, and much shorter name text.

Sometimes it updates the favorite directly, sometimes it just adds a new one. If it adds the favorite again, just delete the first instance.

Thanks guys!

++JAYTHOMAS++, Dec 2, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

I've not found a way to change this behaviour but you can drag items to a new position. I think the reason they changed it is because the Favourites bar can fill up and then new items don't appear as they are hidden off to the right side of the bar and you have to click the double arrow (>>) to see them.

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  5. Craige Win User
    Okay mate, thanks.
    If somebody ever find a cure to this, leme know !

Craige, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Favorite bar icons changed save order after TH2 update - Help - Similar Threads - Favorite bar icons

2. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  3. size of favorites bar icon and text

in Windows 10 Support
    size of favorites bar icon and text: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809
  4. Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Icon Spacing: I finally figures out how to import my IE favorites into the Edge favorites bar, and then how to re-order them. Does anyone know of a way to decrease the spacing between the icons themselves in the Edge favorites bar? 27124
  5. favorites bar order

in Browsers and Email
    favorites bar order: I would like to add pages to my favorite bar over time, and have them be at the top of the order so they are visible. I don't want to have to go to the star drop down and find them. is that possible? thanks 21096
  6. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  7. Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon Browser-Icons only on Favorites Bar: Maxthon Browser doesn't seem to let you have icons only on the Favorites Bar. Here's a little workaround: Add a site to the Favorites Bar but don't edit the title, (yet) [img] [img] Once it's pinned, right click on it and choose Edit [img] then give it a...
  8. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  9. Can the order of the favorites be changed in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the order of the favorites be changed in Spartan?: I've been testing Spartan but I can't find a way to move things around in the favorites list. It puts everything in alpha order. Any suggestions? 5093
  10. Favorites icons changed to ie icons

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites icons changed to ie icons: I have recently reinstalled Win 10 and use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser . After a couple of days the favourites icons all became ie icons . Have searched online for answer but none of them work for me . Can anyone hep me return my icons to the colourful web icons they...