Windows 10: Favorites and Reading List disappeared after update 1809

Discus and support Favorites and Reading List disappeared after update 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Desktop, laptop, phone and a tablet that all completed the 1809 update several days ago, and after the restart, I lost all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MunkieKing80, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Favorites and Reading List disappeared after update 1809

I have a Windows 10 Desktop, laptop, phone and a tablet that all completed the 1809 update several days ago, and after the restart, I lost all my favorites and everything in my reading list on the desktop, laptop and my windows phone, but not my surface pro tablet. I've searched everywhere on all devices and can not retrieve anything. The ONLY process i was able to do was export a copy of the websites listed in my favorites folder to a document in my One drive, but not titles from my reading list.How can I get them back on my Desktop, laptop and phone? What caused the list to be erased?

:)

MunkieKing80, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

All my favorites and reading list disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with
    favorites and reading list. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Are you facing issues with favorites and reading list on web browser?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you using a Microsoft Account?
    • If yes, are you facing the same issue on other devices?

Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

Geethu B, Jan 1, 2019
  3. 2008dec31 Win User
    All my favorites and reading list disappeared

Strangely enough, they are now back after a two day absence. I am using Edge. I am using my Microsoft Account. Windows 10 and all my Windows devices. Not sure what to say.

2008dec31, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Favorites and Reading List disappeared after update 1809

Favorites list

Hi,

Corruption with the browser's components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with your favorites list. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What browser are you using? Is it Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before you encountered this issue?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest restoring your favorites. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Open your C drive.
    • Click on User and then choose your User Account.
    • Right click on Favorites icon and then choose Restore Previous Versions.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Favorites and Reading List disappeared after update 1809

1. Favorites and Reading List disappeared after update 1809 - Similar Threads - Favorites Reading List

2. Missing favorites list in Windows 11 sidebar after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing favorites list in Windows 11 sidebar after update: I have just got the new Edge browser in Windows 11 today and found that all my favorites in the sidebar have disappeared. How can I restore them?...
  3. Missing favorites list in Windows 11 sidebar after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing favorites list in Windows 11 sidebar after update: I have just got the new Edge browser in Windows 11 today and found that all my favorites in the sidebar have disappeared. How can I restore them?...
  4. Favorite List Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorite List Missing: When I click the favorite icon there's nothing there but when click the arrow next to the star in the favorite bar my list appears.How do I keep my list open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorite-list-missing/86058b22-4c5c-4edd-8e05-c2cb20723a87
  5. "LIST OF FAVORITES PATHS"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "LIST OF FAVORITES PATHS": I am using Windows 10 and I am using "Paint Shop Pro" I don't know if this is a Paint Shop Pro thing or a Windows thing, if it is a paint shop pro thing then I am sorry and I will look somewhere else. When I am going to save a picture I have an option to click on a...
  6. Favorites list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites list: What happened to my favorites list stored in Internet Explorer when windows 10 was installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-list/77db144c-2c16-4a19-a378-f3dc12e887bb"
  7. favorites disappeared after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    favorites disappeared after Windows update.: I've spent a long time accumulating my favorites. After an automatic Windows update recently, over half of those favorites disappeared. How can I retrieve them? Say there's a way....
  8. After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After 1809 update there's a constant issues with disappearing sound: Steps: 1. Create 2 users 2. Login as User 2 3. Wait till PC go sleeping 4. Start PC 5. Login as User 1 Error => No sound (except in dialogs for sound configuration) Woraround: reboot PC...
  9. print favorites list

in Windows 10 Customization
    print favorites list: print list of my favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/print-favorites-list/cd8dbba5-c35a-4eb2-b87f-7dc4ca91f8e4
  10. Favorites List

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites List: I had dozens of sites visited and information sources neatly file under various folder headings in my favorites. Years of work. Where are these favorites in Windows 10. 25689

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 2020 favorites gone

2. reading list has disappeared

3. windows 1809 favorites folder

4. favorites and reading list gone from edge,
  5. users favorites are gone after 1809 upgrade,
  6. edge favorites gone after update 1903,
  7. upgrade 1809 IE favourite lost,
  8. all my favourites have disappeared after update,
  9. windows 10 1809 favorites gone,
  10. Windows 1809 favorites storage,
  11. windows 10 1809 favorites folder all users,