Windows 10: favorites bar order

Discus and support favorites bar order in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I would like to add pages to my favorite bar over time, and have them be at the top of the order so they are visible. I don't want to have to go to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimlau, Sep 3, 2015.

1. jimlau Win User

favorites bar order

I would like to add pages to my favorite bar over time, and have them be at the top of the order so they are visible. I don't want to have to go to the star drop down and find them.

is that possible?

thanks

:)

jimlau, Sep 3, 2015

2. Tabs

Hi and Welcome!

Are you using Microsoft Edge? Or Internet Explorer 11?

If you are using Microsoft Edge, then the order of the Favorites Bar needs to be customized within the Favorites menu found from the top left "three lined" icon. Select Favorites, then Favorites bar and change the order there.

Masterchiefxx17, Sep 3, 2015
  3. how do I rearrange/edit the favorites bar in edge

Actually, "Dragging to a new location" doesn't work if you have lots of favorites that don't all fit on the bar and some are relegated to the caret menu. You can't rearrange stuff from the caret menu to be visible on the Favorites bar. After poking
    around, I found that if you click on the hamburger menu and click on Favorites Bar, you can drag Favorites up and down in the list to rearrange.

I got into this situation because I exported favorites from an old computer to my new computer and Edge doesn't preserve the order of the favorites on the favorites bar -- it just puts things in alphabetical order ! (Grrrr).

BrianHardbarger, Sep 3, 2015
  4. favorites bar order

Not yet...to the best of my knowledge. I've been waiting for a solution to this since the first preview was out.

play2mefish, Sep 3, 2015
  5. dencal Win User
    Click on three dots top right hand corner, then settings, turn on "Show the favourites bar."
    Now add your pages and save to favourites bar.

dencal, Sep 3, 2015
  6. jimlau Win User
    that doesn't work. the new page is added to the end of the favorites tool bar, which is out of sight since I have about 20 of them.

jimlau, Sep 3, 2015
  7. Carnivore Win User
    On the Edge broswer's Top-right corner, click on the "Hub"- the icon with three stripes

Go to Favorites - the star icon

From here, you can click and drag links around to organize your favorites. If you drag the links inside your Favorites Bar folder, they will rearrange themselves on the Favorites Bar itself according to how you sequence them inside that folder.

Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015
  8. jimlau Win User

favorites bar order

tried that with the favorites bar, but changing the ones on the bar isn't working well. and I can't get ones down the side to the top of the favorite tool bar. I also tried to go to the favorites bar folder under c/users, but it didn't work either. are they in another directory i can edit? any other ideas?

jimlau, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

favorites bar order

1. favorites bar order - Similar Threads - favorites bar order

2. Favorites Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites Bar: As of today, 11/20/2020, the area for my favorites has shrunk to where I can't read info which I need. The area of favorites is now shorter and narrower. The area does not allow me to scroll horizontal, so my info is unavailable....
  3. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  4. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  5. favorites bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    favorites bar: how to sort titles in favorites and favorites bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-bar/55fbe4e0-e111-44a2-9301-9900913851c0
  6. favorite Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    favorite Bar: how do I delete items listed on my favorite bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/favorite-bar/30425629-414b-4cb0-be0a-427573c39f78
  7. Favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites bar: Hi folks. My Favorites bar has gone. Not talking about Bookmarks but Favorites. I'm using Google Chrome and the bar was there last night but has now disappeared. Any thoughts? In the meantime I've tried to recall as many favorites as possible and put them into Bookmarks but...
  8. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224
  9. Edge Favorites Bar Order

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Order: Is it possible to set Edge NOT to put the items in the Favorites Bar in alphabetical order but rather let me put them in my own preferred order (as can be done in all other browsers, including IE)? Thanks Peter 18830
  10. Favorites Bar not working

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites Bar not working: trying to use the Edge browser for the first time well I tried to import stuff into my favorites bar it gives me the option to import from Google and I check it off then click import, it sat "done" as if it was successful, but it does NOT import anything, as a matter of...