Windows 10: Favorites Folder Not Expanding

Discus and support Favorites Folder Not Expanding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zman, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Zman Win User

Favorites Folder Not Expanding

Favorites Folder Not Expanding [​IMG]

I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make this thing expand?

:)

2. Zman Win User

There are folders in the favorites folder. You can also see from the original post the carrot ">" showing there are some in the folder as well, when I expand it it just goes away and not folders show.

- - - Updated - - -

The favorites here we are speaking about is the folder structure of windows explorer panels, not favorites IE. Yes, there are items in folder the carrots ">" shows that but when expanding nothing comes of it and the carrot goes away.

Similar to this

3. Zman Win User

I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make this thing expand?

4. Try3 Win User

It can only expand if it has sub-folders within it - otherwise it has nothing to expand. Does it have sub-folders?

The Favorites folder is only used by IE - no other browser uses it. Do you use IE?

Denis

Thema:

1. Favorites Folder Not Expanding - Similar Threads - Favorites Folder Expanding

2. Empty favorites folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty favorites folder: Hi, I have 2 apps that when opening either one puts an empty favorites folder on my desktop. One is antispyware and the other is a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-favorites-folder/08514dbf-1fda-4f7a-96ac-31efe094d9fe
  3. Empty favorites folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty favorites folder: Hi, I have 2 apps that when opening either one puts an empty favorites folder on my desktop. One is antispyware and the other is a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-favorites-folder/08514dbf-1fda-4f7a-96ac-31efe094d9fe
  4. Many Favorite's Folders

in Browsers and Email
    Many Favorite's Folders: I have so many Favorites folders in Edge as seen below: Some of those I don't even know how they got there. I would like to have all my Favorites in one folder. Is there any way to do that? For instance could I put the folder "Free Software for Windows" into "Imported from...
  5. Favorites Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Favorites Lost Folder: Suddenly a folder in my Favorites list has disappeared. It also happens to be the last on the list. It's named Weather. This folder does appear on the list when I open Manage Favorites & I can access the weather sites when I open the folder. When I go back to the Favorites...
  6. Empty favorites folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty favorites folder: I have searched the internet and everyone shows how to get to the favorites folder. My folder however is empty even though i have several links. C:\Users\lowel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default...
  7. Favorites folder

Favorites folder: How do I save a webpage to the Favorites Folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-folder/880feec5-4a6a-43d8-8524-0aeafde670b3"
  8. Favorites Folder

Favorites Folder: Hello, one and all. I enthusiastically embraced Windows 10 and expected Windows 10 to be everything Windows 7 is and more. What I found was a massive shuffle of applications with some disappearing and new ones appearing. That's progress I guess. One of my favorite tricks on...
  9. Folder in Favorites lost

in Browsers and Email
    Folder in Favorites lost: Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost...
  10. How To Enable Expandable Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Expandable Folders: I want to enable expandable folders like in previous versions of windows. But can't find out how to do it. Here is a tutorial for Windows 7 to help explain what I am trying to do. How to Auto Expand Sub-Folders in Explorer just like XP in Windows 7 [Tips] | Next of...