Windows 10: Favorites/Folders column viewing

Discus and support Favorites/Folders column viewing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail. The above column also shows all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rabideau, Oct 30, 2018.

1. rabideau Win User

Favorites/Folders column viewing

I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail.

The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc.

I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole window and I have to click the 3 lines near the top of the window, to the left of NEW MESSAGE each time I want to see Favorites, Folders, Sent Mail, etc.

Thank You,

Roger Scharf

:)

rabideau, Oct 30, 2018

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Oct 31, 2018
  3. favorite folders there, sites are gone

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are referring to the favorites folder created within the Internet Explorer.

If you lose the favorites saved within the Internet Explorer
    and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you are able to locate the favorites that has been missing from Internet Explorer.

• Click This PC.
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Click on Favorites and check if the missing favorites are there.
    If you are able to locate the missing favorites, I suggest you to create a backup and try to import the favorites.

Refer to the section Import Favorites, from the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Hope the information provided was helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Favorites/Folders column viewing

I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you checked whether you are able to see the favorite’s folder under your users?

• Are you able to see the Favorites bar on EDGE browser?

• Does the EDGE browser close/crashes only when you try to open the favorites folder or any other scenarios?
    Note: By default the favorite’s folder will be present under your user’s folder. Follow the below steps to check if you are able to view the favorites.

• Open the ‘C’ drive on your computer. If your OS is installed on any other drive, open that one.
    • Under the ‘Users’ section, locate the name of your system’s main admin account and open its folder.
    • Locate the folder named ‘favorites’ and open it. In short, the path for this folder becomes as follows (assuming the system drive to be ‘C’ and your account name to be ‘Hamza’).

C:\users\hamza\favorites\
    I suggest you to refer to the section Import favorites in the below link on how to Import favorites in Internet Explorer.

Use favorites to save websites you like

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Note: You may try to browse to the favorite’s folder as suggested in the above steps if the favorite’s folder is present.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Favorites/Folders column viewing

1. Favorites/Folders column viewing - Similar Threads - Favorites Folders column

2. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  3. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  4. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  5. Reset Folder View Settings and Column Widths in Open and Save Dialogs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset Folder View Settings and Column Widths in Open and Save Dialogs: Is it possible to reset the folder view settings and column widths in the Open and Save dialogs? I know how to do this in Explorer but can't find info that actually works for the open and save dialogs. According to several sites it should be just a matter of deleting the...
  6. Favorites folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites folder: How do I save a webpage to the Favorites Folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-folder/880feec5-4a6a-43d8-8524-0aeafde670b3"
  7. Details view truncating columns

Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  8. Favorites Folder

Favorites Folder: Hello, one and all. I enthusiastically embraced Windows 10 and expected Windows 10 to be everything Windows 7 is and more. What I found was a massive shuffle of applications with some disappearing and new ones appearing. That's progress I guess. One of my favorite tricks on...
  9. Third column added to folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Third column added to folder view: I don't know if this is something new or if I just never had it happen to me before. When I open a folder with songs listed, a third column is being created on the right side. It has the artist, title at the top, an icon to represent the song, then the same list of properties...
  10. Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.: Here is what I am wondering, in google you can click on a favorites folder and see list of links, then you can slide your mouse over other folders, and see your links. But in Ms Edge you can't do that, you have to click on the page to close folder, then click on another...