Windows 10: Favorites gone invisible ie 11

Discus and support Favorites gone invisible ie 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I have a strange problem on my pc My favorites button in IE 11 is invisible when i push it when i am on for example google.com, alle my fav's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by klyt, Apr 3, 2016.

1. klyt Win User

Favorites gone invisible ie 11

Hello
    I have a strange problem on my pc
    My favorites button in IE 11 is invisible when i push it when i am on for example google.com, alle my fav's is invisible
    But it is normal if it is on a local intranet site inside my work domain
    On my laptop it is working fine ??
    I might have touch somme settings that i should not :-(
    Any suggestions what to do to fix it ?
    Br.

:)

klyt, Apr 3, 2016
  2. EarlOs Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary and Edge

After the update it looks like I have a new Edge and my Favorites are gone all my Edge settings are gone also. I can take care of the settings but how can I get my favorites back ? IE 11 does not have the same favorites list.

EarlOs, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Favorites disappeared from Microsoft Edge after November upgrade

What good is it to create another user? Just a few days ago I created more favorites within Edge. Now those too are ALL GONE! ALL FAVORITES Disappeared! As if Edge was newly installed. Is it a malware? Should I use Microsoft Security Essentials instead of
    Norton?

I imported from IE, CHROME, and those too are gone within EDGE. All favorites are still located in IE-11 and CHROME.

Java Dragonfly, Apr 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you might try 'removing' IE in Control Panel, Programs and Features, Installed Features (uncheck it) and restart, then check it again, restart.

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
  5. klyt Win User
    Just tried that, no luck :-( Still invisible

Favorites gone  invisible ie 11 [​IMG]

klyt, Apr 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    This may be relevant:
    Hide Favorites menu

Try IE safe mode:
    Starting Internet Explorer in 'SafeMode

• Open a 'Command Prompt' window
    • Type cd/ to get a blank C: prompt
    • Type in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff (where C: is your local drive)
    • Press ENTER

Also check your favourites folder:
    In explorer, navigate to the current location of the Favorites folder
    (most likely the default, C:\Users\[username]\Favorites)

And see the second part of this:
    Change the Default Location for Saving Internet Explorer Favorites

to check if the registry value for Favorites is the correct path.

And what do you see if you click (in IE)
    View, Explorer bars, Favorites

dalchina, Apr 6, 2016
  7. klyt Win User
    Still not working
    The folders and links is invisible, but if i click in the marked field it opens the link or folder that i hit with the mouse
    So the links and folders is in the correct place, I just can't see them Favorites gone  invisible ie 11 :) So it is lucky if i hit the one that i want lol

klyt, Apr 7, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Maybe someone will come along with an idea that works.

Otherwise I can only suggest:
    open an elevated command prompt (admin) and run
    sfc /scannow
    it takes some time.

If that reports no problems (opencl.dll is not a problem) then try an
    in place upgrade repair install
    (Instructions in the Tutorial section - just search for in- and you'll find it).
    Good luck!

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Favorites gone invisible ie 11 - Similar Threads - Favorites gone invisible

2. favorites gone after update??

in Windows 10 Customization
    favorites gone after update??: Where do my favorites go after windows 10 updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/favorites-gone-after-update/3b88275e-de69-493f-84e8-30ba6c811f99
  3. Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorites folder in ie 11: Deleted all favorites folders accept one in the following screenshots: [img] [img] Henry PS No error message, right click, click on delete, and nothing happens. 73232
  4. Can't delete favorite in IE 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete favorite in IE 11.: Cannot delete folder in IE 11. See screenshot. Henry [img] 68657
  5. Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites links keep disappearing IE 11: I know everybody is switching to Edge, I'm not real crazy about it. My problem is with IE 11. When I add a link in "add to favorites" I can see it. Once I close my desktop PC down for the night, the next time I open it those links are gone. I have checked the favorites folder...
  6. Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Do IE 11 Favorites sync in Windows 10?: I have just upgraded my laptop, tablet , and Desktop to Windows 10. I am using IE 11 until I can use Last Pass on Edge. Do Favorites sync across these devices? I can't find a clear answer to this question. In Windows 7 I synced them by putting them in OneDrive. 57724
  7. MOST Favorite Icons are gone

in Browsers and Email
    MOST Favorite Icons are gone: Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the one that looks like a paper with the IE logo on it. I tried resetting IE I tried deleting ALL the icons and making new...
  8. Favorites is Gone

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites is Gone: I installed Windows 10 without any hi-cup last week. I imported the favorites/bookmark from Chrome and organized them in the right category. Favorites bar shown and all, closed the Edge but when I open the Edge again, my Favorites is gone but the Favorites Bar is still there....
  9. Favorites icons changed to ie icons

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites icons changed to ie icons: I have recently reinstalled Win 10 and use Internet Explorer 11 as my browser . After a couple of days the favourites icons all became ie icons . Have searched online for answer but none of them work for me . Can anyone hep me return my icons to the colourful web icons they...
  10. IE favorites

in Browsers and Email
    IE favorites: In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong? 7414