Windows 10: Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Following instructions that used to work. Favorites list display is not showing in latest Edge browser. It just displays To see favorites here...…... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cuyose, Oct 3, 2018.

1. cuyose Win User

Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge

Following instructions that used to work. Favorites list display is not showing in latest Edge browser. It just displays To see favorites here...…

This makes no difference if you select show favorites bar or not within settings.

:)

cuyose, Oct 3, 2018

2. Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge

When I click on the Favorites star, instead of showing me a list of my favorites it just shows the "Add" menu. I can't find a way to just click on the star and find my list, which has been imported and is quite lengthy and would never fit in the favorites
    bar. It's organized into several folders. When I add a new page now, it will allow me to see my folders as options for where to place the new page. But to get to that page once it's saved is impossible! The favorites bar doesn't even show my favorites,
    just a pre-selected list of some kind. Please help, it's extremely frustrating!

CynthiaP_564, Oct 3, 2018
  3. HWH-CED Win User

Hi Cynthia,

Rather than clicking on the Star at the top of a web page, click on the 3 horizontal lines to the right of it (called the "Hub"). The Hub should contain your Favorites, your Reading List (assuming you've created one), your History, and your downloads.

As you've discovered, clicking on the Star at the top of a web page lets you save it in either your Favorites or your Reading list.

Hope you've already figured this out! If not, I hope that my info helps!

HWH-CED, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge

Thank you for answering, and I apologize for my delay in responding back. When I used your link, I found my Favorites list, but I still can't access it by clicking on the Favorites star in Edge. All I get there is the option to add a page, or to see a
    Reading list. When I add a page I can click on the option of which folder to put it in, and see my Favorites list there, but otherwise it will not show up.

When I imported my Favorites list, I used instructions I found by doing an internet search on the topic, and found some instructions that I believe were from Microsoft about Windows 10. I think it specifically gave options to import from various places,
    Yahoo being one, which I used. I'm not entirely sure now, though, exactly what the instructions were.

I appreciate any further help you can give me on this!

Cynthia

CynthiaP_564, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Favorites list won't show when I click star in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Favorites list won't

2. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  3. Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching Favorites in Microsoft Edge: The question at Searching favorites in Edge - Microsoft Community is locked without an answer.Suggestion: Open Manage Favorites CTRL+SHIFT+O. A Favorites search bar is at the top. Just enter the search term....
  4. MICROSOFT EDGE SHOWS WHOTE SCREEN when i click on microsoft edge app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT EDGE SHOWS WHOTE SCREEN when i click on microsoft edge app: MICROSOFT EDGE SHOWS WHOTE SCREEN when i click on microsoft edge app I tried restoring and do reset pc still didnt fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-shows-whote-screen-when-i-click-on/bbec87f7-dd22-4953-bc47-9364c7d70d3c
  5. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  6. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  7. File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't show the whole list of folders when i click on downloads: [ATTACH][ATTACH] After updating my windows to the latest version, I encountered this. Please help! :< https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-wont-show-the-whole-list-of-folders/2a5d5a01-4cc6-49ca-b278-f1b7837a0791"
  8. How could I star or favorite folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How could I star or favorite folders?: I have a folder, inside it contains 250+ folders containing images. SOme of the folders are important and I want to be able to star them or something so when I look in at them they stand out from the rest. Is there a way I could do this? I could go to properties and customize...
  9. Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Not Showing Additional Favorites: I have enough icons in the Edge favorites bar that they do not all show in a browser window. Before the Creator update, at the right end of the items that showed there was a down carrot that expanded vertically down to show a list of the remaining favorites beyond those...
  10. Edge will not show favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not show favorites: Edge will not show IE imported favorites in the favorites bar ,I tried using Brinks remove all favourites from Edge and started over by importing from IE ,still nothing ,it just show the message to import favorites , thanks for reading this 68407

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge wont show favorites menu keeps saying import

2. microsoft edge wont let me star favorites

3. why wont microsoft edge add favorites whe i click on star