Windows 10: Favorites

Discus and support Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ok now we all have windows 10. I would like to know how to move favorites from right to left, left to right, etc. or is this still a problem with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by enigma1944, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Favorites

Ok now we all have windows 10. I would like to know how to move favorites from right to left, left to right, etc. or is this still a problem with windows 10. Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Aug 9, 2016
  2. graye Win User

how do i get my favorites to appear in the favorites bar

There are 2 steps...

1) Enable the horizontal favorites bar (which it appear that you have already done)

2) Put some favorites in the folder called "Favorites Bar". So, use the "hub" to expose the favorites pane (that appears as a vertical list on the right hand side), use "drag-and-drop" to move some favorites to the folder called "Favorites Bar"

graye, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Stdy Win User
    Lost Favorites after Windows 10 upgrade

Yesterday May 25 I received the latest major Windows update with all the new Edge features. Unfortunately my favorites were replaced with an old (1 year+) list of favorites. And when I look at the Favorites file on my C drive (C/...Favorites), it has an
    even older version of my favorites - not the favorites that currently appear on my Edge drop down favorites list. Furthermore, I can not find the drop down favorites nor my latest favorites anywhere on my computer.

How can I get back my latest version of favorites that disappeared during the upgrade??

Stdy, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Favorites

Are you asking about File Explorer or a specific web browser?

Rocky, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Edge

enigma1944, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello enigma, *Smile

Yep, you can rearrange favorites in Microsoft Edge now.

What’s new in Microsoft Edge with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Brink, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Thanks for the answer

I tried moving favs on the Edge and IE11 left to right etc. and they both worked. I tried moving the current favs from under the v on the favs bar that did not work.

Do I need to set up a folder for those favs that I had prior to the update and a folder for new favs. I do that where will these be located for access.

enigma1944, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Favorites

1. Favorites - Similar Threads - Favorites

2. when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open?: when I attempt to open my favorites, I get a blank page and they don't open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-attempt-to-open-my-favorites-i-get-a-blank/d6e5d11a-4026-4d2a-a140-d3dbdc596dc6"
  3. How to un-favorite something in google search bar?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to un-favorite something in google search bar?: not sure if this belongs on microsoft answers, but something i looked up that was meant to be in incognito mode wasn't and somehow was favorited, probably via a keyboard shortcut, and i dont know how to look through my favorites. With it favorited i cant delete it from my...
  4. Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank: Hi, For the last few iterations of Windows 10, I've noticed the favorites bar pull down arrow is blank. The only way to get the items back is to go into settings and turn off, then back on to "Show the favorites bar". This only lasts a short time then then items disappear...
  5. Win10 Excel 365 - no favorites? Shortcuts?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Win10 Excel 365 - no favorites? Shortcuts?: In Excel 2010 (and Win7 File Explorer) we were able to have Favorites(shortcuts) which we could rename. Now , in Win10 with Office 365 we have Quick Access files which are merely pinned links to directories. The issue becomes when your file hierarchy is regularly filed by...
  6. Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows 10 update has hidden/erased my web browser favorites, wallpaper, passwords,...: Has anyone else experienced this? I'm afraid to turn my PC off or restart it. Is there a way to stabilize the system so this doesn't happen again? Thanks...
  7. lost task bar, tiles and favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost task bar, tiles and favorites: My pc updated last week with a new version of windows 10, I think. It erased all my tiles and task bar saves as well as my favorites on the side of pages (my frequent sites). None of the remaining tiles work, such as email. I hit it and nothing happens. What is going on and...
  8. Restoring Favorites Feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring Favorites Feature: Hi, I have Windows 10 and I use the Favorites feature a lot (aka Bookmarking websites I want to return to). Suddenly it stopped working. When I'm on an internet page I want to save, I click on the star, a pop-up comes up, I click "Add"--but the star no longer leaps over to...
  9. Transfer "favorites" to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer "favorites" to new computer: I wish to transfer my "Favorites" from my old computer to my new computer. Both are Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-favorites-to-new-computer/ce4d5055-0808-41c1-b7fb-1b30e5e3c7f9
  10. What was my favorite sport in college?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What was my favorite sport in college?: I get a message saying print heads need cleaning, and the printouts are stripey, but I can't access any place to clean them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-was-my-favorite-sport-in-college/967fee0a-6987-445b-8085-e846824e39a7