Windows 10: Favorites

Discus and support Favorites in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an older PC with Windows 7 on it. I have collected "Favorites" over the years and have over 100 entries in my "Favorites". Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Jul 2, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

Favorites

I have an older PC with Windows 7 on it. I have collected "Favorites" over the years and have over 100 entries in my "Favorites". Is there any way to copy those the Windows 7 Pc into a Windows 10 PC?

:)

huffman, Jul 2, 2018
  2. KomouPoji Win User

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 2, 2018
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Favorites

MS Edge and moving favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

There is no option to Move, you can add the site to favorites bar

• Open the site, click on add to favorites or reading list
    • Select the save location as Favorites bar
    • Then you will be able to see the sites in favorites bar

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

Favorites

1. Favorites - Similar Threads - Favorites

2. Syncing Edge favorites between computers

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge favorites between computers: I recently did a clean install of 10 on an older deskstop that I resuscitated. Is there a secret to syncing favorites/reading list between desktop and laptop? I know forever when I would add one to my phone it would show up on my laptop, and vice versa. I have sync enabled on...
  3. Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages: I went into settings and turned off the favorites bar. The bar was removed on the first page, but any new pages show the bar. If I go into settings on a new page that shows the bar, the setting is off. Tried turning it on and then off again with no change. I have the start...
  4. Survey - Vote for your favorite Windows 10 Insider Build 19H1 features

in Windows 10 News
    Survey - Vote for your favorite Windows 10 Insider Build 19H1 features: For all you Windows Insiders looking for a more stable preview version of 19H1—we recently released a Windows 10 Insider Preview in the Slow Ring. This build has all the same 19H1 features as the Fast Ring, including the new light theme, a more powerful Windows Search, new...
  5. Maps App Was Signed Out When I Saved Favorite Spots, Now When I Sign In, They All...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps App Was Signed Out When I Saved Favorite Spots, Now When I Sign In, They All...: I have been traveling using my Windows Phone and Windows 10 Maps App. I have been marking spots I NEED to get back to along the way. However I noticed under settings that I was not signed in and items were not syncing over to my maps app on Surface Go LTE, Now when I sign...
  6. How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer?: Hi all, How can I alphabetically sort the favorites list in the Windows 10 file explorer? Thanks! Joan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-alphabetically-sort-the-favorites-list/80fcdcab-0fa1-475e-8ae4-38cad9cca476"
  7. Importing/Transfering Internet Favorites to New Computer

Importing/Transfering Internet Favorites to New Computer: I recently purchased a new PC computer and would like to import all my saved/favorite web links when I unplug the old and start using the new. Is there some way to do this?...
  8. Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?: Is there is way to move my pinned Favorites bar from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen? I think it is more convenient to get it on the left. Thank you...
  9. copying favorites

copying favorites: how do I copy the files that are in my favorites to add to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-favorites/6ea8bae6-cf57-4ee3-b37c-0c17d8b494e5"
  10. Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Deleted My Favorites. Makes Me Sad.: Hi, I'm an IT professional at a university. I oversee the service desk and the desktop support group. We are a Windows Shop and a ConfigMgr shop. We got a "Feature Update" slip by our Windows Update process and I got the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803"...