Windows 10: "Favourite" Index Search Results

Discus and support "Favourite" Index Search Results in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there a way to indicate to Windows folders that should be given preference to be returned as results? I have a number of folders that frequently... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MrMichaelangelo, Mar 17, 2021.

1. "Favourite" Index Search Results

Is there a way to indicate to Windows folders that should be given preference to be returned as results?

I have a number of folders that frequently show up lower in the results that I want to make sure bubble up to the top of the results.

The opposite would be great too -- a way of suppressing or lowering results that are not useful.

:)

MrMichaelangelo, Mar 17, 2021
  2. NovatoN Win User

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 17, 2021
  4. "Favourite" Index Search Results

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to search files on your computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you
    have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing

• Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

"Favourite" Index Search Results

1. "Favourite" Index Search Results - Similar Threads - Favourite Index Search

2. search indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  3. search indexing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search indexing: i cannot able to on search indexing and when i try to off or on the search indexing it is not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-indexing/4dfc976c-6238-4bd2-9da5-e390b5e5cbb3
  4. Search Index

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Index: Sir, I have HP 14s laptop with windows 10 OS and my laptop has been some issue with search index Indexing is not running from few days back and I have to know proper solution to solve this problem. I already done with all step present on Youtube and by HP consultant on...
  5. Search Index Not Consistently Indexing Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Index Not Consistently Indexing Contents: Hello, I think I have hit the limit of my knowledge with an issue I'm hitting and figured I would share in case anyone has any insights! I'm currently running Windows 10.0.19042 on this machine. I am using the Windows Search Index in a powershell script in order to help with...
  6. Windows File Explorer Indexing; Index Rebuild for better search results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Indexing; Index Rebuild for better search results: So, in Windows File Explorer I went to View/Options/Change folder and search options then clicked Restore Defaults on all three tabs: General, view, and search because of a whole other issue that I fixed later and has nothing to do with my current issue.BUT by clicking...
  7. How to turn off file explorer indexed search results

How to turn off file explorer indexed search results: Hello, When using File Explorer's search tool my results are now showing some results but not call. How to I remove the index option and just get all the results in a list? Thx! [ATTACH]...
  8. No Index Results After Windows Update and a Rebuild of the Index

in Cortana
    No Index Results After Windows Update and a Rebuild of the Index: After the most recent Windows update done on 12 August 2020, Windows Indexing doesn't work--it produces no results for any search word or search string. Even after going through the "rebuild" process there are no results. The lncluded Locations remain the same as before,...
  9. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  10. File Search Indexing

File Search Indexing: Hello community, my files from a network mapped drive are not indexed. when i search a file from Windows Search, it does not find the file yet the is there on my network mapped drive. The workstation is running windows 10, my network folder is shared locally from Windows 10...