Windows 10: favourites

Discus and support favourites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I set up favourites `in internet ex 11 on W 10.Please help. 32581 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by willden, Dec 3, 2015.

1. willden Win User

favourites

How do I set up favourites `in internet ex 11 on W 10.Please help.

:)

willden, Dec 3, 2015
  2. DetestMS Win User

Deleted IE favorites keep returning

Sorry but you are not specific as to which problem you are addressing and I'm not a great fan of the scorched earth method of troubleshooting, especially as the inability to delete favourites issue applies to my PC, Tablet and Win 8 phone. No matter that
    I delete a favourite or worse modify it on one or all 3 with their IE sync switched on or switched off. If IE Sync is switched back on for any device the favourites is repopulated with the deleted or modified favourites. If the favourite name is modified
    I then have 2 copies of the favourite , which now cannot be deleted.

It would seem to me from this that the issue is with the cloud copy of Internet Explorer favourites that does not acknowledge when a favourite is modified or deleted and cannot itself be accessed.

I cannot say if this issue was present before I upgraded to Win 10 as it is only recently due to a bout of illness and wet weather keeping me in that I decided to tackle my over cluttered favourites. Previously unused favourites were deleted on an opportunistic
    basis. However the indications are that this has only happened since I upgraded.

Concerning the favourites not importing into edge, I have deleted all the favourites from Edge and retried importing favourites from IE and it is the same favourites that do not get imported. Although I have not done a trawl the specific favourites are
    in a sub folder off the 'Favourites Bar'. In that all other favourites in that sub folder come across correctly it must be filtering out that specific favourite which is the login for a bank. I have not trawled to see if other favourites have been filtered
    out elsewhere.

PS I have already spent too much time on this, I'm getting better and the sun is out!

DetestMS, Dec 3, 2015
  3. mathe226 Win User
    Editing Favourites in Nokia Drive 3.0

Just as the answer above.

To access the favourites, you first have to "Set destination" and from there choose the favourite list.

Also mind that the favourite list in Nokia Drive is totally separated from the favourite list in Nokia Maps...

mathe226, Dec 3, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

favourites

Open IE 11 and click on the star symbol in the top right. This will open the favourites window and you can add, import etc.

favourites [​IMG]

philc43, Dec 3, 2015
  5. willden Win User
    ,can youthanks for solving that niggle now how about this for a teaser.The McAfee security icon and the recycle bin icon have gone awol ,can you please help me to find them.

willden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

favourites

1. favourites - Similar Threads - favourites

2. Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev.

in Browsers and Email
    Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev.: Few minutes ago my browser, Microsoft Edge Dev was updated to the latest version. I was surprised to see that the list of my favourites for this browser were disappeared from the list and got nothing on the list at all. How do I recover my favourites list to place in...
  3. IE favourites seems to be getting multiple incidences of the same item

in Browsers and Email
    IE favourites seems to be getting multiple incidences of the same item: Hello. I'm not sure this is in the correct post topic but here goes. I've noticed recently that I have more than one item for the same thing in my IE Favourite column. It is as if I have some how copied all my listings twice. It's not a straight duplication ie nothing has a...
  4. Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favourites bar brief flash of icons: Can’t say I noticed this before but it seems every time I open edge the favicons in the favourites bar will flash very quickly after a few seconds of opening. It won’t do it again whilst it remains open but if I close it and re open it will reproduce this same behaviour. Is...
  5. What are your favourite apps on Microsoft Store for Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What are your favourite apps on Microsoft Store for Windows 10?: Hi Guys, I am looking to install a few good Windows apps on my laptop from Microsoft Store. Can you tell what do you use or recommend to use? Thanks Nitin pc-tablet.com...
  6. chrome favourites not working?~

in Browsers and Email
    chrome favourites not working?~: Hi I use chrome got my favorites on the favorites bar on top and on my taskbar got some more favorites now the ones on my taskbar every time I click on the icon all I get is the chrome home page but the ones on my favorites bar work fine looked on the chrome help page and...
  7. Favourite keys 5050 keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favourite keys 5050 keyboard: How do I go about assigning my favourite keys on Microsoft 5050 keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favourite-keys-5050-keyboard/d4b7ac93-141e-4a48-b53d-2a6d90cfe385
  8. Favourites Tab works but Folder under User name out of date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favourites Tab works but Folder under User name out of date: I am on Win 10 Build 1809 64 Bit. Today I went to back up my Favourites as I have added and deleted some websites from them recently including today. I have a number of Topic related Folders within Favourites and I know how to sort them alphabetically. Within MS Edge...
  9. Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.: I use IE and Edge mainly because some sites do not seem to work well in IE now. I like IE and have a hundred or more favourites saved in folders. I recently imported these to Edge but I have a small problem. If I save a new favourite to IE I then have to repeat the process in...
  10. What's the difference between Links & Favourites?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the difference between Links & Favourites?: What is the difference between %userprofile%\Links & %userprofile%\Favourites? If I type 'Links' in the directory bar it takes me to the Favourites folder, but Links is certainly a different folder. I want to know this simply because I want to know what sort of file goes...