Windows 10: Fax and Scan no longer working after update to W10 2004

Discus and support Fax and Scan no longer working after update to W10 2004 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My PC was updated to W10 2004. Now the windows FAX and Scan will no longer allow me to send a FAX. I get an error message telling me the document is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ron S_848, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Ron S_848 Win User

Fax and Scan no longer working after update to W10 2004

My PC was updated to W10 2004. Now the windows FAX and Scan will no longer allow me to send a FAX. I get an error message telling me the document is write protected. I tried to fix the problem by resetting the Windows FAX and Scan option in the Windows Features. However, Windows FAX and Scan is no longer shown as an option under the Print and Document service option.

:)

Ron S_848, Aug 14, 2020
  2. franhigg Win User

Windows Scan will not install on W10

I have W10, v. 1809 on my laptop, all up to date. My HP All-in-One is installed, and printing works fine. The scanner appears in the drop-down list under 'Manage your devices'. But I cannot scan. On a previous version of W10 you just typed 'scan' in the
    search box and a scan app appeared. Now there is nothing. In Windows Store there is the Windows Scan app. The info on this says it is for W8.1 (minimum requirement), but all I get when I try to install is an error message (code: 0x80072F8F). This happened
    yesterday and again today, after a restart.

So can someone help, please - how can I scan? All suggestions gratefully received, and thanks in advance.

franhigg, Aug 14, 2020
  3. 2004 update

after feature update, i lose ability to do further windows updates. windows update no longer listed in services. after replacing os image with previous 1907 image. update returns until retrying 2004 feature update. obviously a bug with 2004 that removes
    windows update from services list immediately after installing feature update. until this issue is addressed, i will be stuck with 1907. obviously, since i have a 100% working 1907 disk image, i am open to trying anything without fear of corrupting my os,
    as i can ghost 1907 over 2004.

randysimmons2, Aug 14, 2020
  4. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Fax and Scan no longer working after update to W10 2004 - Similar Threads - Fax Scan longer

2. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

6. BSOD after W10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after W10 2004 update?: Hi, I recently downloaded the Windows 10 2004 feature update and ever since this when I have been playing a specific game, I will randomly get BSOD with the error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I have tested my ram, hardware is pretty new and this only started happening after...
  7. Windows search no longer works after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search no longer works after 2004 update: Hi. After updating Windows to 2004, Windows search no longer works. Every time I click on the search box on the desktop nothing happens. No cursor, no visual sign that I even clicked on it. I also noticed that Cortana has disappeared from the settings app. Don't know if its...
  8. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  9. fax & scan

fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...