Windows 10: Fax and Scan not working for fax

Discus and support Fax and Scan not working for fax in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kabboroo., May 16, 2019.

1. Kabboroo. Win User

Fax and Scan not working for fax

I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service.

When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and the log says "fatal error" and no additional info. I've tried multiple numbers including HP's fax test #.

The modem is on the same USB port, the same phone line, etc.

All software is up to date, the latest drivers are installed.

Device manager says the device is working correctly, and it passes the query test.

I contacted Xfinity and verified all is set correctly for faxing.

I contacted Zoom and verified that the modem itself is working fine. - they said it's the fax software

I've removed the Fax and Scan feature from Windows, rebooted, reinstalled it, rebooted.

I've uninstalled the device and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

:)

Kabboroo., May 16, 2019

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 16, 2019
  4. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Scan and Fax not working in Windows 10

Hi Sandy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with scanning and fax issues on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if printer driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • When you say that "scan and fax not working", how exactly are you trying to scan and fax on Windows 10?

If you have tried to use Windows Scan and Fax app, then try to access it and check if you are able to scan documents.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. The type "Windows Fax and Scan" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Try to scan the copies of documents.

Also I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting steps related to printer issues and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on scanning and fax issues, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Fax and Scan not working for fax

1. Fax and Scan not working for fax - Similar Threads - Fax Scan working

2. Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax and Scan Prints Outgoing Faxes: As of the most recent Windows 10 upgrade, our Windows Fax and Scan setup now prints all outgoing faxes in addition to incoming faxes. This is unnecessary and we have no idea why this has begun. Has anyone experienced this? We can't find a setting for it....
  3. fax & scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fax & scan: I had windows fax & scan in windows 7. I put in windows 10 and now I can't find win fax & scan to download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fax-scan/7732b52b-ca6d-4105-ab97-d7bcdac25ffc
  4. Fax/Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fax/Scan: When I scan documents using the double sided feeder in Windows Fax/Scan, it saves my documents as separate files and I am unable to un-check the box that stops this occurring. How can I fix this?...
  5. Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan

Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan: How many fax modems are supported on Windows Fax and Scan? I have two modems connected to Windows 10 Pro and I can connect to either one but not both. After I connect to either one the option to add a connection to a local modem is not available....
  6. fax & scan

fax & scan: scanner is not download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-scan/f331aec1-bb53-4dc4-b709-e4314a616b89
  7. Delay outgoing fax in Windows fax and scan

Delay outgoing fax in Windows fax and scan: I am using Windows fax and scan to send and receive faxes all the time. Sometimes the incoming faxes are bumped by outgoing faxes. I was wondering if there is a way to enable the option to have the outgoing faxes sent out at later time, i. e. evening hours? Thanks....
  8. windows scan and fax

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows scan and fax: Windows scan and fax permission by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-scan-and-fax/f3bdae21-3dc3-4a7f-8f2d-7b56d78637a2"
  9. Windows fax and scan

Windows fax and scan: Why can we not scan to PDF. using the Windows fax and scan software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan/8c8c6b51-14b6-45d4-a267-43d3c9b1998a
  10. Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Fax and Scan: Since upgrading to Win 10, I am unable to see previously sent faxes in Windows Fax and Scan that I made under Win 7. This had the Fax account folder set to a location on my data partition, which remains untouched. Even though I point my new Win 10 WFS account to the same data...