Windows 10: fax modem and fax service

Discus and support fax modem and fax service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gallicbear, Aug 3, 2015.

1. fax modem and fax service

Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been possible. When I go into the configuration for Windows Fax and Scan, Fax settings detects the modem and shows its name. But fax accounts tells me I need to connect to a Fax. That's fine, but it just shows fax modem, and it is grayed out. So I cannot change or edit anything there. So far I have stopped fax service in windows and restarted it; I have uninstalled the modem and reinstalled it in device manager. No changes. What else can I do?

:)

gallicbear, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 new outgoing FAX requests EMAIL ASSOCIATION

Fax requires access to an analogue fax modem. Are you connected to one of these?

If not, you either have to buy one or use a FAX to EMAIL service..

Mike Hall... always, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Emma3271 Win User
    Send faxes from my computer and receive them digitally on my computer with Windows 10 Fax and Scan

Why don't you use online fax services? With the default Fax and Scan method, you need to have a landline phone as well as a modem or Fax server. But on online fax services, you just need to choose a provider and have access to all you sent and received faxes
    in a cloud storage.

Most of these online fax providers, let you send faxes for free, but you need to get a paid plan (as low as $4.99 monthly) to be able to receive faxes. And I believe it totally is worth it.

If you are not sold yet, here are just a few advantages of online fax services:

• No need to fax modems, fax servers, fax machines
    • No maintenance cost
    • Cloud storage to easily access all your files from any internet connected devices
    • No landline phone number required
    • Easily obtain fax numbers from most of the countries and cities around the world
    • Super easy to setup
    Source: Advantages of online fax services

Emma3271, Aug 3, 2015
  4. fax modem and fax service

I have the same problem with a US Robotics PCI Fax (internal) modem, where the name of the fax modem shows up, but the option to use it is grayed out and I cannot get WFS to send a fax. The modem works fine for making calls. Did you ever find a solution?

ronrosenfeld, Feb 13, 2016
  5. Hi ronrosenfeld. Sorry about the delay. For some reason, the way I got it going is to go into 'Tools', there you will see 'Fax Settings' and 'Fax Accounts'. When you select 'Fax Accounts', it will show your Modem. Select it and you should be in business. I don't know why Microsoft makes it so complicated, or why it came up with that extra step of Fax Account. Hope that helps.

gallicbear, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Thank you for getting back to me.

I had tried that, and it didn't work. When I went through the dialog boxes for setting up the account, it asked me how I wanted to set up the modem. I accepted the default responses, and the program wound up becoming non-responsive, even though I let it alone for 20-30 minutes hoping. Glad you got it working. Right now, I am testing a commercial product called FaxTalk, which recognized my modem and seems to be working flawlessly. Of course, I will have to pay for it :-(

ronrosenfeld, Feb 14, 2016
  7. Off hand, I don't know what else to say. Also, I don't know if that makes a difference, but my fax is a usb fax, as opposed to what you have.

gallicbear, Feb 14, 2016
  8. Emgreene Win User

fax modem and fax service

Had same problem
    If you have a multi function printer with fax installed you have to remove it totalty then you can add your fax account then reinstall the printer just the printer and scanner option

Emgreene, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

fax modem and fax service

1. fax modem and fax service - Similar Threads - fax modem fax

2. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan/Modem: I used to be able to fax from this computer using Windows Fax and Scan, but no more. Now, when I try, I get the setup page and it tells me there is no modem. Under Phone and Modem, it indicates I have LSI PCI-SV92EX, Attached to: Not Present. What do I need to do to resume...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan/Modem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  6. internal fax modem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internal fax modem: suddenly control panel will not recognize my fax modem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-fax-modem/b82d4449-14c9-496d-a087-f4aa6d801990
  7. Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan: How many fax modems are supported on Windows Fax and Scan? I have two modems connected to Windows 10 Pro and I can connect to either one but not both. After I connect to either one the option to add a connection to a local modem is not available....
  8. Can I fax from Outlook without a fax modem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I fax from Outlook without a fax modem?: Can I fax from Outlook without a fax modem? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/can-i-fax-from-outlook-without-a-fax-modem/ed63e53c-baf1-4a32-b845-72b2ebf8d724
  9. fax modem

fax modem: I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to set up the fax and scan but the set up wizard can not find any modem. Is it just not installed or do I not have one? How do I...
  10. Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem: I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver. Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly." From within Windows Fax & Scan: I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list. I cannot connect to my fax modem...